Strategy and Policy Officer
Coast to Capital is the Local Enterprise Partnership for one of the most exciting and successful parts of England. Our area covers a large geography including Croydon, East Surrey, West Sussex, Brighton and Hove, and Lewes. We determine and lead on regional economic priorities, offer support to businesses to grow and succeed and make investments to drive growth and job creation. Our small, highly motivated and engaged team is very ambitious for the future of our area and we have a vacancy for Strategy and Policy Officer to help shape and deliver our work.
The role requires an enthusiastic and ambitious individual with a desire to learn and to contribute to plans for the growth of the local economy for the wider benefit of the area. We are looking for someone who shares our desire to produce high quality work that will influence change locally and nationally. We offer the opportunity to gain a range experience working in fast paced environment with different economic stakeholders.
- Work with the Strategy and Policy and wider Coast to Capital teams to identify and develop key strategy and policy areas
- Research, assemble, and interpret information and data that is relevant to the current strategy and policy priorities of Coast to Capital
- Support the delivery of projects in the Strategy and Policy team’s work programme
- Support the development of internal and external documents, presentations and communications
- Support with internal and external meetings and workshops
- Develop and maintain the Strategy and Policy web content, ensuring it is up to date, accurate and informative
- Engage proactively in internal and external opportunities for professional development
Skills and competencies
- Pro-active and able to make independent decisions whilst working effectively as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research skills and critical thinking
- Well organised and able to manage multiple tasks effectively under pressure
- Excellent knowledge of IT, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel and internet/social media platforms (including web content management systems, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- A relevant degree or higher level qualification
Further information about Coast to Capital may be found at our website: www.coast2capital.org.uk
To make an application please send, by 9am on 16th July 2018, a full CV with a short (two pages maximum) covering statement setting out how you believe you could fulfil the requirements of this key role and the names of two referees (references will not be taken up in advance of interviews) to: Matt Wragg, Strategy & Policy Manager, email@example.com We will acknowledge your application within 24 hours.
Coast to Capital is committed to achieving diversity and equality of opportunity both as an employer and as a commissioner of services.
Our Equality and Diversity Policy 2015-2021 is available on request.