Senior Design Coordinator
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the UK's leading contractors in refurbishment and fit-out projects. Since their inception over 20 years ago they now employ well over 600 employees with a turnover of nearly £50M and complete internal works within the Private and Public sectors; including Healthcare, Residential, Commercial, Aviation & Education. Their approach is based on delivering an exceptional level of service for their clients through efficient work practices and ensuring that their workers function cohesively; resulting in them receiving the prestigious 'Investors in People' accreditation.
The evolution of their design department has led to them now requiring the expertise of a Senior Design Coordinator who possesses strong design experience with dry lining/partitions and ceilings products. Reporting directly to the Design Manager, you will be based at their head office 2 - 3 days a week and will be working closely with the relevant business units, ensuring designs are robust, cost effective, fit for purpose and delivered on time.
* Provide relevant technical information, including drawings, calculations, submissions, and other documents for presentation to clients, as directed by the Head of Design. Learn and use relevant computer applications where necessary, i.e. Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD.
* An understanding of design information, following set procedures to ensure accurate auditable records are kept and turnaround times through third parties (main contractor and manufacturers) are properly managed. Awareness of quality control procedures and remain compliant with authorisation and approval processes both internally and externally.
* Develop an understanding and appreciation of construction drawings and technical terminology. Create a working knowledge of marketplace products and systems available; including industry standards, specifications, and codes of practices, etc.
* Demonstrate a basic commercial awareness of working within design budgets, including project and product cost constraints
* Understand and adhere to departmental policies, practices, procedures and standards, whilst working in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
* Assist in the management of internal systems for storage, reference and retrieval of design information.
* Technically able to assist in solving site issues
* Produce drawings and related design information at tender stage, pre-start, and during construction on site, assessing on-site requirements during contracts as necessary.
* Communicate effectively with Project Managers & Contract Managers to ensure detailed design programmes are developed for each project at the various stages, as appropriate.
* Assist the Commercial team on technical issues by providing specialist input into the tendering process.
* Lead a contract for design having learnt all systems, procedures and processes
* Learn systems and procedures within the department
* Adhere to Health and safety policies, according to Company procedures
* Previous experience working in Design for a construction company, or relevant manufacturer of construction products
* Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
* General Industry knowledge
* Work to tight deadlines
* Knowledge of AutoCAD
* Efficient in the use of design software and Microsoft Office Suite
* Numerate and accurate with fanatical attention to detail
* Logical and well organised with ability to prioritise
* Self motivated to lead and achieve the highest levels of excellence
* Delivery focused with passion for results
* Positive response to pressure
* Able to work alone and in a team
* Takes initiative
* Presentation skills - written and verbal
* Enjoys working with people from different professional and trade backgrounds
* Willing and able to travel, when required
* Degree qualification in Construction or Design
On offer is a competitive salary & benefits package with a company that continually invest in their workforce. If you feel that this role suits you skillset and ambitions then please apply.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for Senior Design Coordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly