Activity Assistant - Orchard Lodge, Warnham
We are looking to recruit Activity Assistants to deliver excellent residential care at Sussex Healthcare.
Day to day tasks of the Activity Assistant:
- To assist the coordination of the provision of group activities, in conjunction with the Activity Coordinator, nurse/care staff where appropriate.
- To help organise, run and record activity programme.
- To maintain communication and links with the local community in the home.
- To attend staff meetings and information sessions as required.
- To seek advice from and liaise as needed with appropriate therapists as directed by the Activity Coordinator.
- To assist in the determination of the needs of those we support individually, through the use of profiles, biography sheets, or care plans in order to ascertain personal preferences, abilities and potential for activities.
- To promote a positive image of the home and service by maintaining a professional approach at all times, in order to develop community awareness of the home and services.
- To be responsible, with the Activity Coordinator for the maintenance and safe storage of activity equipment and materials.
Benefits of the Activity Assistant:
- 50p more per hour for weekends and double pay for bank holiday
- Paid breaks
- Free staff bus, subsidiary meals and uniform
- Reduced rate accommodation
- In house Training, academy offering various courses
- Mentoring scheme
- Exceptional career progression within the company
- Refer a friend bonuses
- Plus, many more!
Requirements for the Activity Assistant role:
- A warm and friendly disposition
- Good communication skills, able to put others at ease
- Reliable and punctual
Apply and join Sussex Healthcare!
More searches like this
- Arts & Heritage Health & Safety Permanent Full Time jobs in Horsham
- Events Health & Safety Permanent Full Time jobs in Horsham
- Care Health & Safety Permanent Full Time jobs in Horsham
- Social Care Health & Safety Permanent Full Time jobs in Horsham
- Education Health & Safety Permanent Full Time jobs in Horsham