Centre Delivery and Performance Manager
2 days left
- Full Time
Responsible to: Head of Teaching and Learning
Responsible for: Bexhill Centre teaching teams
Salary: £28-£30k per annum
Deadline for applications: 9am Friday 20th July
Interview date: Monday 23rd July
This post is to oversee the successful running of Dv8’s Centre in Bexhill, where we deliver a range of ESFA funded Study Programmes accredited from Level 1 – 3 (for 16-19 year olds) as well as schools funded Key Stage 4 Foundation Learning Programmes (for 14-16 year olds).
This post will require excellent leadership and management skills to ensure that all programmes are successfully delivered and that organisational Key Performance Indicators are met, whilst ensuring that staff and students are supported. Also,that Dv8’s ethos of delivering innovative, industry-led training is maintained and that quality is continuously monitored and improved.
Working alongside Dv8’s Head of Teaching and Learning and the Learning Support Manager (who both operate across Brighton and Bexhill sites), the post holder will be responsible for ensuring the Bexhill Centre offers a high quality environment for all students to learn and achieve.
The successful applicant will provide strong leadership and support for the teaching and learning teams. This will be coupled with effective performance management. They will possess excellent problem-solving capabilities and with the ability to prioritise effectively. They will be able to continually monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of Dv8 Bexhill’s provision, and will perpetually drive forward improvement within the centre and the organisation. They will have a passion for high-quality education and be able to instil this quality in the team they oversee. As an organisation, Dv8 is working towards achieving a Good or Outstanding grade at our next Ofsted inspection (expected early 2019). This will build upon the considerable progress made as an organisation during 2017-18.
The Bexhill Delivery and Performance Manager will represent Dv8 Bexhill to students and staff, local stakeholders, partners and parents. The post-holder / appointee will build links with local employers and the creative sector as well as other local providers to ensure our learning is relevant and offers opportunities for students to progress.
We work with a high number of students with additional learning needs, or specific social needs. The ability to facilitate success for this group of students is considered essential.
The Bexhill Centre is known as The Bexhill Hive and run by a partner organisation, Bexhill Hive CIC. The Bexhill Hive’s aims are to support the cultural regeneration of Bexhill by creating a space for learning, community engagement in creativity and the arts, and a space for the creative community to network and share ideas. We are also currently fundraising to create a live music and arts venue in the basement of the Hive and hope to have this space active as part of the 18/19 academic year.
Current facilities in the building include 7 training rooms, a large lobby space, green screen room, music rehearsal rooms and recording studio. There is an intention to create small venue / performance space in the basement which will support Dv8 provision and Bexhill Hive community-related projects.
We invite applications from individuals who have demonstrable success in education management and feel that they have the necessary attributes to lead and develop Dv8’s provision in East Sussex.
Training will be provided in areas of centre and resource management as well as system and processes where required.
Key Job Roles and Criteria
- Work with Course Managers and the Head of Teaching and Learning to oversee the successful delivery and achievement of outcomes on Study Programmes, Key Stage 4 engagement programmes and and other delivery programmes as required in the Bexhill Centre
- Work with the Head Teaching and Learning and the Operations Manager to ensure that all centre timetabling and staffing requirements on programmes are fulfilled, and appropriate teaching cover is in place where required.
- Ensure the centre’s performance in relation to organisational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and outcome targets (notably for recruitment, retention, work placements, achievement, success, progression) is continually monitored throughout the year and used as a reference for centre, team and individual performance. This will involve effective line-management of teaching staff.
- Work with the Marketing and Recruitment team to ensure that course recruitment targets are met and that all centre admissions processes are effectively delivered.
- Work with the Learning Support and Student Services teams to ensure that students with additional learning or social needs are fully supported to achieve on programme.
- Establish a culture of high expectations within the centre for staff and students, supporting the teaching staff to ensure that teaching, learning and assessment is of a high standard and ensuring all sessions are well planned, with differentiation for learning and Maths and English embedded.
- Conduct regular Course Performance Reviews to establish the effectiveness of provision and optimise achievement rates across all programmes.
- Working in collaboration with the Dv8 Head of Teaching and Learning and Quality Coordinator, ensure that all Quality Cycle processes and procedures are delivered, monitored and reported upon, including learning walks and observations of teaching and learning and that improvement actions are implemented throughout the centre.
- Ensure all ESFA funding, awarding body, and programme-led documentation required by Dv8 or other funding partners relating to the delivery and management of the programmes is completed accurately completed and submitted in a timely fashion.
- Work actively with the Lead Safeguarding officer for DV8 to ensure that the safeguarding of students and staff at Dv8 is paramount at all times, that the Prevent Agenda is delivered effectively and all Dv8 Safeguarding policies and procedures are actively implemented at all times.
- Play a lead role in the planning and delivery of centre or Dv8 wide celebration events.
Centre, HR and Resource Management
- Work closely with the Operations Manager and Centre team to ensure that The Bexhill Hive building is effectively managed, that all processes around Health and Safety, Fire and Security are followed and monitored effectively and that classroom and teaching and learning resources are effectively maintained and stored. This will include liaison with relevant individuals and agencies where required.
- In collaboration with the Centre Co-ordinator, liaise with our off-site I.T. support agency to ensure that all technical, I.T. and communications requirements of the centre are maintained and in good working order.
- Support the Operations Manager in the effective maintenance of resources, systems and an inventory.
- Ensure that centre budget is effectively managed and that all spend is monitored and kept within agreed budget limits.
- Ensure that all new staff receive a full and effective induction and liaise with the Operations Manager and our external Human Resources and (HR) advice service to ensure that all HR requirements are met for centre staff.
- Hold regular Professional Development Reviews (PDRs) with all line managed staff, ensuring that they are fully supported and encouraged to develop professionally, and that organisational KPIs are monitored and referred to in relation for personal performance and delivery targets
- Hold regular team meetings within the centre, ensuring that there is effective communication between teams around centre developments, curriculum planning, student progress and any other issues that may affect delivery of programmes.
Leadership and Strategy
- Support the Dv8 Senior Management Team (SMT) to further develop the Dv8 Bexhill Provision and support organisational wide strategic development.
- Foster a strong team ethic within the centre, encouraging innovation, ambition and an enthusiasm to improve our service, recognising and celebrating achievements wherever possible for both students and staff
- Foster positive and close links with parents and local stakeholders, project partners, funders and local employers.
- Work closely with The Bexhill Hive board of directors to support cross-organisational initiatives and the development of the Bexhill Hive building.
- Ensure that Dv8’s Equality & Diversity policies, procedures and initiatives are actively promoted to all staff and students at all times.
To be considered for this post you must meet the following criteria:-
- Excellent leadership, management and communication skills
- At least 5 years’ experience of curriculum and/or course management within post-16 education.
- A full teaching qualification, preferably up to Level 5.
- Strong interpersonal skills including, motivational, negotiating, influencing and networking.
- Demonstrable commitment to the development of high quality learning for young people.
- Proven ability to use initiative, to think strategically and to adopt an active approach to problem solving.
- Good working knowledge of the creative industries.
- A high level of IT skills, ability to troubleshoot basic technical issues and ability to use office, web and email communication systems.
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of working with client groups who face barriers to achievement in education.
- An understanding of best practice in safeguarding young people.
- An understanding of best practice in embedding Equality & Diversity in the classroom.
- A demonstrable history of leading improvement in learning mapped to Ofsted’s Common Inspection Framework.
- An understanding of local job markets and routes to employment for young people.
- IQA / Internal Verifier qualification
- Experience of contributing to a grade 1 or 2 Ofsted inspection
- Prior departmental leadership experience within a Further Education or Work Based Learning environment
- Previous experience of facilities management.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunity to people of all ages in the workplace and are an equal opportunities employer.
Please note that this post is exempt from the rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and all applicants are required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure Check.