Digital Communications (14 month fixed term contract: maternity cover)
This role is covering a maternity leave on a job share basis for 2 days a week (0.4 FTE). Within it, we are seeking an individual with a strong communications background across a broad range of media, including digital. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and writing skills to enable strong relationships with the Alliance Linking Organisations to build a permanent stream of content from the Global South.
It is an exciting time to join the International HIV/AIDS Alliance. In this role you will be providing expertise which will enable the Alliance to fulfill its mission to work with communities through local, national and global action on HIV, health and human rights.
Are you who we’re looking for?
You are a committed team member with a clear focus on team objectives, as well as your own. You will promote best practice within your field of expertise and will challenge ways of working to ensure the highest quality and levels of efficiency. Your actions will be aligned with the Alliance vision and you will inspire the same behaviour in your peers. You are comfortable working in a matrix management environment.
The role will:
- Develop and implement digital communications plans, aimed at the full range of external stakeholders
- Deliver and maintain an effective communications and knowledge sharing service through the development and implementation of the organisational website, social media channels and/or newsletter
- Provide editorial guidance on content generation, including overseeing video and photography production, identifying need and the most effective usage and ensuring the organisation has access to up-to-date content via the appropriate channels.
- Provide editorial, strategic, creative and operational communications support for a range of cross-functional projects aimed at increasing our influence and income
- Work closely with staff within portfolio projects/teams, as well as Linking Organisations and other partners, to deliver dynamic organisation-wide digital communications which make a substantial contribution to our positioning profile, reputation and engagement.
For full details of the role, download the job description and person specification below.
How to apply
Submit your CV, along with a covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria of the job description and person specification, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email should include the job title. The cover letter is necessary for our assessment of your skills and experience. Please therefore do not send us your CV without a cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you.
Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults
The Alliance operates a rigorous recruitment and selection process that reflects our commitment to child protection. The Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy can be downloaded here.