Learning Support Manager
Contract: Full time, permanent
Location: Brighton and Bexhill
Salary: £25-27k per annum
Hours per week: Full time - Fixed term one year contract - Renewal based on obtaining funding annually.
Closing Date: Thursday 12th July, 5pm
Interview Date: Wednesday 18th July
Main Purpose of the Role:
- To oversee the day to day running of Additional Learning, SEN and High Needs Support at DV8 Sussex, ensuring that all learners receive appropriate and effective learning support to achieve and progress.
- To develop and deliver inspirational teaching to students with mild, moderate, severe and complex learning difficulties and disabilities.
- To coordinate exam access arrangements, completing assessments and applications in line with the JCQ guidance (training opportunity to be offered if needed).
- To work with the Head of Teaching and Learning and Bexhill Head of Delivery and Performance to plan, organise and deliver a diverse and creative curriculum that meets the needs of learners and meets the College aims and objectives and policies and procedures.
- To organise and chair annual reviews for all EHCP students, setting appropriate outcomes and tracking their progress.
- To lead and coordinate the work of the Learning Support team and individuals to meet challenging targets and to develop innovative new ways to meet changing needs and expectations of students and employers.
- To have a thorough understanding of the SEN Code of Practice and ensure that it is adhered to at all times at Dv8.
- Line-manage centre based Learning Support Coordinators in Brighton and Bexhill, who will locally coordinate learning support in each centre, ensuring that they are supported and managed effectively, continually seeking to review and improve the service on offer to young people at Dv8.
- Demonstrate and maintain an up to date knowledge and understanding of SEND legislation and inform the Head of Centre, Head of Student support and Directors accordingly.
- Work alongside the Recruitment and Admissions and Curriculum teams to ensure that all learners with Education, Health and Care plans have appropriate support plans in place and that all annual review processes are fully adhered to.
- Represent DV8 Sussex at external panels and tribunals regarding High Needs learners as required.
- Liaise with all key stakeholders and Local Authorities to ensure that students that qualify for High Needs Element 2 and 3 Funding (that over £6000) have funding applied for in good time and staffing put in place, complying with needs identified in the EHCP
- Implement the college’s quality processes including appraisals, observations and SAR and identify and implement training to meet the CPD needs of individuals and the team.
- Carry out administrative tasks inherent in the role to meet inspection, audit, quality improvement and implement college policies and procedures relating to the payment of claims.
- Liaise with, and advise on matters of disability, equality and diversity, child protection and safeguarding as appropriate to the role.
- Identify and undertake any job-related activities as requested appropriate to the grading of the post to meet the changing needs of the College.
- To work to promote and apply the College’s safeguarding policy and practices.
For the full job description and how to apply, please visit our website: http://www.dv8sussex.com/jobs/