This is a rare opportunity to join one of the South-East's leading privately-owned construction companies as they continue to secure new projects and increase the scale of their operation. They have a great reputation in the industry for delivering high quality and contemporary builds within the allocated time frame, resulting in them consistently receiving repeat clients. This role for a proven and experienced Site manager will be attractive to you if you have demonstrated a trade background, a tack record within main contracting and are looking for a new opportunity where you will have the chance to shape the future, a clear line of sight to a more senior role and to be part of the success of this exciting venture.
Due to a recent restructure and the acquisition of new projects within the Sussex area they are now looking for an experienced Site Manager with a great background within the main-contracting industry. You will be reporting to the Contracts Manager and will be responsible for the day to day running of the site.
Duties & responsibilities:
* Day to day supervision and co-ordination of on-site staff, subcontractors, plant and materials
* Build and maintain good relations with staff, clients and subcontractors
* Work to Construction Programmes ensuring production targets are achieved, whilst maintaining safety and quality whilst effectively finding solutions to any issues that may cause delays
* Coordinate and lead site meetings with relevant team members, departments and clients
* Maintain strict quality control procedures and conduct regular site safety checks
* Ensure all materials and machinery, including those of subcontractors are compliant with technical and quality specifications
* Ensure projects run within budget
* Comply with health & safety and ensure all relevant documentation is signed off as required
* Risk Management (identifying, eliminating, minimising
* Information management / meticulous record keeping of all relevant paperwork
* Understanding of contractual requirements
* Construction related HNC or equivalent experience
* Strong construction background ideally within housing, education, healthcare and commercial with a proven track record of delivering high quality projects
* Capable of running projects valued between £1m-£12m
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong team leader
* Excellent organisational skills with the ability to think ahead
* CSCS, SMSTS & First Aid at Work
* Good IT skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
* Driving licence with own car
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.