Main duties and responsibilities:
- To provide help desk and technical support services.
- To ensure that all requests from users are logged, updated and close in line with service level agreements
- To install, configure and deploy Windows and Mac based system hardware and software
- To support mobile technology such as iPads, mobile phones and classroom technology
- To install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot end user hardware, software and peripheral devices
- To administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions and access rights
- To assist the Systems Administrators in ensuring that the appropriate patches, hot fixes and service packs are installed on Trust owned or licensed software in a timely manner
- To assist the Network Manager with scheduled maintenance and assist in performing network improvements, upgrades, repairs and trouble shooting
- To escalate incidents to other IT services’ team members or third party providers for investigation and resolution where necessary
- To suggest ways to improve department working processes and keep manager informed of problems or issues
- To ensure adherence to Trust policies and flag where potential breaches may have occurred to Network Manager
- To support teaching staff as needed to ensure effective, innovative and integrated use of technology in education
- To demonstrate commitment to professional development through training and other learning activities
- To attend and participate in meetings as required
- To carry our any reasonable and relevant task requested by IT Services
- To comply with the Trust’s Code of Conduct and abide by Trust policies and procedures at all times, especially to ensure the safeguarding of students
- To act in a professional manner and operate as an advocate for Bede’s at all times
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Knowledge and interest in IT systems
- Ability to describe any work experience in this field
- Ability to describe any team working experience
- Good humoured and positive outlook
- The ability to manage time demands and ensure deadlines and priorities are met
- The ability to see a task through from start to finish
GCSE English Grade C/4 or higher GCSE Maths Grade C/4 or higher GCSE ICT Grade C/4 or higher
It is anticipated that the apprentice will be able to apply for a permanent role on the successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
All posts are subject to the receipt of a satisfactory DBS certificate, references, medical checks, proof of identity and copies of qualifications where these are a requirement for the role.
Bede's Senior School is in a rural location so you will need to consider your travel arrangements in order to meet the working day.