Outreach Support Officer
The post is based at Friends Centre's main teaching base, Brighton Junction, and reports to the Finance and Data Manager. The post provides administrative support for our programmes and manages learner information processes and systems. This relates to all of Friends Centre’s data responsibilities to the ESFA and prime contractors and entails the production of the regular data return. The post requires initiative and collaborative working with the Finance & Data Manager, Lead Tutors, Receptionists and Tutors.
The distribution of time and working days will be agreed in discussion with the line manager.
- Set up and maintain courses on Learnertrack (the Management Information System), complete achievement records and sign off at the end of each course
- Set up and maintain individual learner records (paper and electronic)
- Produce and update electronic registers on Learnertrack
- Correspond with tutors and learners about placement in classes, transfers and withdrawals
- Register learners for exams with the appropriate awarding body and send out certificates on completion
- Log and file Individual Learning Plans at the end of each course
- Ensure all learner records are ready for required SFA monitoring reports by required deadlines
- Prepare data returns in liaison with Finance & Data Manager as per SFA requirements and submit as required
- Liaise with and visit outreach sites to collect enrolment forms, registers and process payments
- Identify and follow up late payments, post-dated payments and other payments made in instalments In liaison with the Lead Tutor reallocate classes if the level is not suitable for a learner
- Update Course directory
- Correspond with tutors and learners about placement in classes
- Send out certificates on completion of courses if appropriate
- Provide administrative support to Lead tutor and produce letters in liaison with Lead Tutors for learners on their study with Community Learning
- Provide professional, timely and accurate turnaround of all learner correspondence relating to inquiries made in person, via email and telephone ensuring first point of resolution.
- Have a working knowledge of funding rules and maintain working knowledge of the Management Information System to maintain student enrolment and records accurately.
Assessment & Enrolment of Learners
- Liaise and organise with the Lead Tutor the enrolment process and enrolling of learners
- Liaise with IAG Officers to arrange appointment dates and times booking in 1:1 meetings with clients on GSuite and dealing with rooming
- Set up initial assessment for learners
- Provide high quality program enrolment and eligibility advice to learners and other staff using expert knowledge of the Community Learning Team’s policies, procedures and rules: - course content, structure, timetables, enrolment, eligibility criteria, fees and bursary applications.
- Actively promote the service within the local community, schools and other organisations, undertaking outreach at different settings and forums to help maximise recruitment
- Deliver a range of engagement activities to ensure recruitment targets are achieved
- Carry out enrolment sessions with learners, ensuring the learner is eligible for the course, enrolment form is filled out correctly, evidence collected or seen, payments taken and processed or learners directed to appropriate place for payment
- Enrol learners in real time, wherever possible to ensure swift handling of applications and send out confirmation as per procedures
- Liaise with and visit outreach sites to carry out enrolment sessions, collect registers and process payments
- Inform learners if a course has been cancelled and issue refunds for fees in liaison with the Finance & Data Officer
- Provide accurate and timely advice and administration of processes relating to student enrolment, leave of absence, withdrawal, progression and Information, Advice & Guidance.
- Work with Finance & Data Officer to ensure registers are completed appropriately and returned accordingly
- Provide accurate responses to customer enquiries and complaints, and relevant and up to date literature and information as appropriate, keeping accurate records of phone discussions or correspondence with customers
- Work in partnership with the Finance & Data Officer to follow up late payments, and manage payments made in instalments
- Handle enquiries about Learner Support Services and liaise with Finance & Data Manager, Centre Manager and Principal
- Produce letters in liaison with Lead Tutors for learners on their study with Friends Centre
Reception lunch and holiday cover as and when needed in liaison with line manager.
From time to time the employee may be required to undertake other such duties as the employer may reasonably require.
- High level of organisation and ability to set up and administer systems
- Excellent time management
- Frontline experience of working with people from all backgrounds
- Strong communication skills and ability to relate to learners from a wide variety of backgrounds and cultures
- Friendly, confident and positive demeanour
- Excellent IT skills especially in word processing, databases and spreadsheets
- Highly motivated to work independently using initiative (with no manager present) but also the ability to be part of a team
- Establish and maintain positive, mutually beneficial working relationships and networks with stakeholders at all levels.
- First aid qualification (or must be willing to obtain one)
- Good team working skills with flexible and collaborative approach
- Fully numerate and with a good eye for detail
- Fire Warden qualification (or willingness to obtain one)
- Health and safety qualification (or willingness to take training)
- Experience of Management Information Systems
- Committed to equal opportunities
- Committed to the Friends Centre mission
- Experience with facilities management
- Experience of working on a customer service, or information and reception desk
- Creativity and vision for helping to create an inspiring teaching space for all learners and tutors
25 days paid holiday per year, plus bank holidays.
5% employer contribution to NEST pension scheme (auto enrolment if eligible)
Closing date: Monday 3rd September at 5pm
Shortlisting: Tuesday 4th September
Interviews: Monday 10th September
Click apply and download a job description and person specification, application form and an equal opportunities monitoring form
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 3rd September at 5pm.
Friends Centre is an Equal Opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident scheme and we encourage applications for the BME and LGBTQ communities.