Domestic Assistant/ Laundry Assistant
Domestic Assistant / Laundry Assistant
We love what we do and we want you to love it too! We are looking for caring and friendly people to join us at Sussex Healthcare!
Where will you work as a Domestic Assistant/ Laundry Assistant?
Horncastle House, East Grinstead
What will we need from you as a Domestic Assistant/ Laundry Assistant?
We require you to be of a warm and friendly disposition with a caring nature.
Due to the nature of the business we need you to be reliable and punctual to ensure that the needs of the people we support are met, always.
What will the Domestic Assistant/ Laundry Assistant role entail?
- To gain knowledge and understanding of the day to day use and maintenance of the following equipment: Vacuum cleaner and carpet shampoo machine
- To become familiar with and to use correct working practice in regard to Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- To clean as required the following areas: Bedrooms, Inter-linking corridors and stairs, Bathrooms, Toilets, Public rooms, including reception rooms/areas, Clinical rooms, Offices and Storerooms
- To follow cleaning schedules as implemented by the group
- To observe the privacy and dignity of those we support in the home, at all times.
- Ensure that the people we support's clothing is marked with labels or other method before washing.
- Ensure that stock requirements are noted in the appropriate way.
- Ensure that you wear the protective clothing provided.
- Be responsible for ensuring all equipment/supplies within your area of responsibility confirm to COSHH guidelines at all times.
*The full job description will be discussed with you at interview stage.
What benefits are there for you as a Domestic Assistant/ Laundry Assistant?
- 50p extra pay at weekends
- Double pay on bank holidays
- Paid breaks
- Free staff bus
- Subsidised meals during your shifts
- Free uniform
- Reduced rate accommodation
- Mentoring scheme
- Exceptional career progression within the company
- Refer friend bonuses
Why work with us?
Sussex Healthcare has 23 homes across the South East of England and we are continually striving to deliver great quality care. We cover the following types of care within our homes:
- Physical Disabilities
- Mental Health
- Learning Disabilities
- End of life
- Acquired brain Injury
Key words: Domestic, domestic assistant, cleaner, laundry, laundry assistant
Apply and join Sussex Healthcare!
More searches like this
- Care Hospitality Permanent Full Time jobs in East Grinstead
- Construction Hospitality Permanent Full Time jobs in East Grinstead
- Cleaning Hospitality Permanent Full Time jobs in East Grinstead
- Healthcare Hospitality Permanent Full Time jobs in East Grinstead
- Social Care Hospitality Permanent Full Time jobs in East Grinstead