We love what we do and we want you to love it too! We are looking for caring and friendly people to join us at Sussex Healthcare!
Where will you work as Kitchen Assistant?
Forest Lodge, Nutley near Uckfield
What will we need from you as a Kitchen Assistant?
We require you to be of a warm and friendly disposition with a caring nature.
Due to the nature of the business we need you to be reliable and punctual to ensure that the needs of the people we support are met, always.
What will the Kitchen Assistant role entail?
- Assist the Chef Manager in meeting time deadlines in the preparation, cooking and serving of meals.
- Monitor breakages of crockery and deficiencies of cutlery, bringing low levels of stock to the attention of the Chef Manager.
- Maintain all floors in a clean and dry state.
- Maintain all work surfaces in a clean and tidy state.
- Maintain all cookware in a clean, rust and scale free state.
- Ensure appropriate protective clothing is worn in accordance with the Chef Manager's instructions.
- Identify and, where possible, isolate any risk from equipment, and report such risk to the Chef on duty.
- To achieve the Foundation in Food Hygiene certificate.
- Other duties as detailed by the Chef Manager
*The full job description will be discussed with you at interview stage
What benefits are there for you?
- 50p extra pay at weekends
- Double pay at bank holidays
- Paid breaks
- Free staff bus
- Subsidised meals during your shifts
- Free uniform
- Reduced rate accommodation
- In house training
- Internal academy offering various courses including specific training in a field you are passionate about,
- Mentoring scheme
- Exceptional career progression within the company
- Refer friend bonuses
Why work with us?
Sussex Healthcare has 23 homes across the South East of England and we are continually striving to deliver great quality care. We cover the following types of care within our homes:
- Physical Disabilities
- Mental Health
- Learning Disabilities
- End of life
- Acquired brain Injury
Key words: Kitchen assistant, kitchen
Apply and join Sussex Healthcare!
Apply for Kitchen Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Care Health & Safety Permanent Full Time jobs in Uckfield
- Healthcare Health & Safety Permanent Full Time jobs in Uckfield
- Hospitality & Catering Health & Safety Permanent Full Time jobs in Uckfield
- Catering Health & Safety Permanent Full Time jobs in Uckfield
- Chef Health & Safety Permanent Full Time jobs in Uckfield