Business Administration Apprenticeship
This is a fantastic opportunity to start a career in business administration.
You will shadow, learn from and receive appropriate training in order to provide administrative support to a team, in one of the following areas;
- Housing Income
- Audit & Investigation
- Customer Contact
- Revenue & Benefits
- Recovery & Enforcement
The key tasks include:
- General administrative tasks, such as photocopying, processing mail, scanning documents, maintaining filing systems and updating office records.
- Using Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel and other bespoke software relevant to the service area you work in.
- Answering the telephone and liaising with staff, clients, other agencies and members of the public to assist in the delivery and provision of services.
- Accurately inputting and processing data from databases and spreadsheets.
- Assisting with meetings where applicable including making arrangements for the meeting to take place, taking minutes and distributing accurate records of meetings.
- Managing and improving your performance in a business environment.
- Working and communicating effectively in a business environment
The essential skills for the role include:
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Confidence to speak on the phone and respond to members of the public
- Ability to check for accuracy and give attention to detail
- Ability to think creatively with regard to problem solving
- Good organisational skills, able to organise self to work to deadlines and meet service standards
- Knowledge and/or experience of using computers and the Internet.
The desirable skills for the role include:
- Interest in local government and knowledge of local authority functions
- Ability to research, interpret and convey complex information and processes using appropriate data sources with regard to national legislation
- Good numerical skills to analyse statistical information
- Understanding that you will be working in a customer focused service
- Knowledge and/or experience of using MS Word & Excel.
- Willing to work flexibly and supportively within a team, and on own initiative
- Smart appearance and a professional manner
- Focused on learning and making a difference to the public
GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade 4 (or C) or above in Maths and English are desirable.
Your Business Administration apprenticeship will give you the knowledge, skills, experience and confidence you need to work effectively in the areas you have trained in. Towards the end of your apprenticeship we will provide you with the support to progress into employment, education or further training, and there may be the opportunity to continue working for Wealden District Council.
Things to consider
- Transport allowance up to a maximum of £2,000
- Employee benefit scheme offering a range of discounts and salary sacrifice schemes
- Discounted leisure centre membership
- Career average salary pension scheme
- All successful candidates will be required to undergo a Basic Criminal Record Disclosure and references will be obtained.
- As part of this process you will be required to attend a Recruitment Day, at Wealden District Council, in Hailsham, in October 2018.