People Services Manager
Salary: £30,856 to £35,982 per annum (pro rata, dependent on experience)
Hours: 27-37.5 hours per week
Closing Date: 27 August 2018
Interview Dates: 3rd - 5th September 2018
If you are a highly capable HR professional and can demonstrate experience of managing all phases of the employment cycle, exceptional handling of employee relations casework and can lead and manage an advisory team to embed new ways of working and improve efficiency, we want to hear from you.
This is an opportunity to make a real difference, whilst undertaking a pivotal HR management role.
Martlets has a strong reputation to build on in the community. We already work in partnership with the NHS and other care providers to ensure our great services meet the needs of patients with an end of life diagnosis. We want to continue to build an infrastructure and services which are fit for the future and enable us to extend our reach to help more patients and access other parts of our community. We have over 800 staff and volunteers. We value each and every one of them so we are working closely with our managers to develop their people management skills
- To provide expertise and employment law knowledge to coach our management teams and to oversee all aspects of performance management and inform workshops and learning initiatives.
- Responsible for a range of continuous improvement projects, such as talent management and succession planning, and I-recruit, all aligned to the People Services strategy and operational plans.
- To help us develop service impact reporting and feedback progress to different audiences, to contribute to our ambition for efficiency, developing skilled workforces with an ability to be flexible.
- To drive innovation and best practice with the support of a People Services advisory team, with a dedicated Lead for HR and Volunteering, the first contact for managers, staff and volunteers with advice and administration support.
- To inform workshops and learning initiatives and work closely with our Organisational Development team.
- You will be a highly capable operational HR manager with experience in building and developing teams.
- You will have a strong HR generalist operational background including recruitment, training, employee relations and managing attendance and know how to.
- You will have experience in Hospice and/or Healthcare, desirable with Volunteer Management.
- CIPD Level 5 qualification is highly desirable.
- You must be available from September 2018.
Key Skills required:
- Ability to build high performing teams and build key working relationships which are maintained over time.
- Ability to manage complex employee relations cases and help us involve managers in case management and investigations.
- Ability to drive service improvement and report progress in a clear, concise and accurate way for a variety of audiences.
- Advanced negotiation skills and ability to influence others in management roles. Ability to act with tact and diplomacy and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritise critical work for self and others.
- Proficient in data analysis, with ability to interrogate and interpret data and present meaningful management information.
How to apply:
For more information about this vacancy, or if you need any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please contact Sharon Howes on 01273 273414 or email Sharon.email@example.com
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and clearance from our occupational health providers.