Project Support Assistant
National Numeracy is an independent charity established in 2012. Our aim is to enable everyone across the UK to be confident and competent in using numbers and data, to be able to make good decisions in their daily life and at work. We are working towards our aim in three main ways:
Raising awareness about poor numeracy levels which exist in the UK, how important numeracy is in everyday life, and of the recognition that everyone can improve their skills.
Improving numeracy. We’ve helped nearly 150,000 people so far to check whether they have the ‘Essentials of Numeracy’, and are helping them to achieve them if they don’t.
Improving communication of numbers and data by helping organisations to use a ‘Plain Numbers’ approach, so that anyone can understand their information regardless of their numeracy level.
We are a small team solely focussed on this frequently neglected yet essential issue. National reach is achieved by working in collaboration with partner organisations that have an interest in improving people’s life chances including schools; colleges; adult education organisations; other charities; employers; government departments and public-sector bodies.
This position is responsible for project, systems and administrative support to the partnership team working on the projects within external organisations, particularly the NHS. The successful candidate will be comfortable communicating with organisational clients as well as with the individual beneficiaries of the projects. They will also work with the in-house data analyst to help evaluate project data and help the team maximise impact within projects through insight and learnings.
National Numeracy is a dynamic organisation with a fast-changing environment and this position has potential to grow and develop in the hands of the right candidate. As a member of a small team, you will be exposed to all aspects of our work.
Project support includes:
- Co-ordinating small projects, including setting up surveys, supporting relationships with partners and monitoring uptake on the programmes.
- Interpreting results from numeracy projects and reporting back to our partners in the NHS
- Providing crucial administrative support to the partnership team such as organising materials, collating data and compiling reports.
- Creation and upkeep of PowerPoints and documents used by the partnership team for presentations to partners and learner workshops.
- Working with the team to measure impact of the projects, gather learnings and feed this into the partnership team to influence direction of future projects.
- Supporting communications for the health team – for example, input into newsletters, engagement materials and web content.
- Building and monitoring uptake of our Numeracy for Healthcare Champions network.
- Occasionally attending external events such as conferences to promote our work and represent National Numeracy.
- Pro-actively build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, customers and external agencies to reflect the values of the organisation.
- Liaise with internal teams such as the marketing and communications team, as well as external suppliers.
- Deal effectively and professionally with enquiries and all aspects of communication, including confidential correspondence and calls.
- Establish, manage and maintain appropriate administration processes and documentation control systems, ensuring accurate, up-to-date records are maintained.
This position calls for a level of discretion and confidentiality.
National Numeracy retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as required.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proven skills in a broad range of software packages including word processing, spreadsheets (Excel), presentation programmes.
- Good organisational, interpersonal, multi-tasking, and prioritisation skills.
- Good written and verbal interpersonal /communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivation and flexibility.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level.
- Excellent organisational skills, with demonstrable ability in time management and prioritising workloads.
- Experience of provision of administrative support.
- A knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods may prove useful.
For further information, please see our website at www.nationalnumeracy.org.uk
Apply for Project Support Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly