Data Scientist - Pricing
Are you an innovative, motivated and ambitious programmer or analyst with the desire to join us as we continue to make a real difference to our customers?
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Data Scientist to join our expanding Data Science team here at Domestic & General. As the ideal candidate, you will be a creative and passionate worker with experience in both data science and pricing. Being skilled in R, Python and SQL would be an advantage as we look to use some of the world's best software to embark on one of the biggest projects in the business.
On a day to day basis the role will involve:
- Evolving and continuously improving the company's pricing models using advanced analytics and machine learning techniques
- Contributing to the ongoing development of the overall pricing strategy
- Delivering comprehensive pricing analyses and modelling projects
- Ensuring technically and commercially viable solutions are delivered for new and renewed product pricing requirements
- Being able to analyse, communicate and explain pricing recommendations in a way that will influence key stakeholders from across the business.
- Monitoring performance, profitability and competitor behaviour to help build and maintain pricing optimization
- Ensuring that pricing recommendations result in customers being treated fairly
Over the next 5 years, Domestic and General are rolling out a significant amount of change to the business, driven by the Group's exciting new strategy putting customers at the heart of the business, as well as by external factors such as regulatory change and Brexit. This is our 'P22' strategy, extending through to 2022.
This is a key role in ensuring the successful delivery of the company's pricing strategy across a high volume product portfolio. They will work as part of a Data Science team to deliver the pricing strategy and innovative pricing models using machine learning and advanced analytics.
Working for us, works for you, as in return we offer:
- A competitive salary plus a discretionary bonus
- 25 days holiday allowance, plus bank holidays
- Free life assurance
- Enhanced Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to Discounted benefit site which offers exclusive shopping discounts, cashback and travel services for all UK employees
- Discounts on Domestic and General products and services
- Great local employee discounts at shops, restaurants and gym
The culture at Domestic at General is creative, fast-moving and exciting as we're going through a period of transformational change where customers are at the heart of everything we do… do not miss out on an opportunity to be part of both our culture and growth, apply now.
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We view all applications equally, regardless of gender, colour, ethnic background, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. We also have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.