Data Science Manager
Are you an experienced leader who can run and expand our Data Science team as we continue to make a real difference to our customers?
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Data Science Manager to join our team here at Domestic & General. The team is expanding and you will have a great opportunity to help shape its future. The ideal candidate is well versed in pricing and its impact on both the customer and the wider business. You'll be an experienced team manager with strong influencing skills in an agile team. You'll be proficient at data wrangling, with a high level of numerical accuracy and attention to detail. You will also have in-depth statistical skills and the ability to build machine learning models, whilst being an innovative and pragmatic problem solver. Also, you will be able to explain complex pricing and data science theories to non-technical colleagues clearly and with authority.
On a day to day basis the role will involve:
- Being a key contributor to the on-going development of the overall pricing strategy
- Leading a team of data scientists and pricing analysts to achieve the business' pricing objectives across various lines of business.
- Evolving and continuously improving the company's pricing models using advanced analytic and machine learning techniques.
- Delivering comprehensive pricing analyses and modelling projects using machine learning and data science techniques.
- Ensure technically and commercially viable solutions are delivered for new and renewed product pricing requirements.
- Being able to analyse, communicate and explain pricing recommendations in a way that will influence key stakeholders from across the business.
- Monitoring performance, profitability and competitor behaviour to help build and maintain pricing optimization.
- Ensuring that pricing recommendations result in customers being treated fairly.
Over the next 5 years, Domestic and General are rolling out a significant amount of change to the business, driven by the Group's exciting new strategy putting customers at the heart of the business, as well as by external factors such as regulatory change and Brexit. This is our 'P22' strategy, extending through to 2022.
This is a key role in leading the successful delivery of the company's pricing strategy across a large insurance business. They will take an active role in the data science team delivering pricing strategies using advanced analytics.
Working for us, works for you, as in return we offer:
- A competitive salary plus a discretionary bonus
- 25 days holiday allowance, plus bank holidays
- Free life assurance
- Enhanced Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to Discounted benefit site which offers exclusive shopping discounts, cashback and travel services for all UK employees
- Discounts on Domestic and General products and services
- Great local employee discounts at shops, restaurants and gym
The culture at Domestic at General is creative, fast-moving and exciting as we're going through a period of transformational change where customers are at the heart of everything we do… do not miss out on an opportunity to be part of both our culture and growth, apply now.
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We view all applications equally, regardless of gender, colour, ethnic background, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. We also have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.