Physiotherapy Technical Instructor
4 days left
- Part Time
Salary: £20,703 to £26,759 per annum (pro rata)
(dependent on experience)
Hours: 30 hours per week
Closing Date: Monday 24 September 2018
Interview Dates: Thursday 4 / Friday 5 October 2018
A very exciting opportunity has arisen for a Physiotherapy Technical Instructor to join the multidisciplinary Rehabilitation Team here at the Martlets Hospice in Hove. The post holder will assist the team to deliver safe and effective, quality treatments including assessments, one to one rehabilitation and running exercise groups.
Main duties will include:
- To support the Rehabilitation Team in the delivery of therapy programmes, using a range of specialist therapeutic treatments, on the In-Patient Unit and in the Rehabilitation Gym.
- To support the therapists in the gym setting with the running of exercise classes and with one to one sessions
- To support with the day to day administration in conjunction with the Rehabilitation Therapists
- To contribute within a multidisciplinary team setting
- Take responsibility for the daily use, care and maintenance of basic and highly specialised equipment
- To facilitate relevant professionals and carers to carry out therapy programmes and strategies and advise as instructed by the therapist
- To develop rapport with patients and clients to encourage and motivate them towards improving and maintaining quality of life
Key Skills required:
- Experienced Therapy Assistant or equivalent
- NVQ Level 3 or above or the equivalent in a healthcare related qualification
- Excellent communication skills
- Calm, sensitive and empathetic disposition
- Skilled in dealing with anxious and distressed patients and relatives
- Independent and able to accept responsibility
- The ability to recognise one’s own limitations and when to access advice and supervision
In addition to the above salary we also offer a subsidised restaurant, generous annual leave and other benefits.
How to apply:
To request an application form by post, please call People Services on 01273 718788 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks