* Assistant Chef *
We love what we do and we want you to love it too! We are looking for caring and friendly people to join us at Sussex Healthcare!
Where you will work as a Assistant Chef:
Clemsfold House, Horsham
- Plan and maintain the rosta of staff as instructed by the Chef Manager.
- Monitor the work of kitchen assistants, giving guidance where required, and reporting inherent difficulties.
Provision of Service
- Implement the Menu as planned in the home.
- Ensure all meals are of a high standard of quality, presentation and content.
- Ensure meals are served on a timely basis and give consideration to special requests from the people we support and their relatives.
- Note deficiencies and difficulties; make short term decisions to rectify such, and report at the earliest convenience.
- Assist in monitoring high/low stock levels.
- Ensure all provisions are stored in accordance with Chef Manager/Group policy instructions.
- Maintain such daily/weekly checks as ordered by the Chef Manager.
Health and Hygiene
- Ensure appropriate protective clothing is worn in accordance with the Chef Manager's instructions.
- Participate in cleaning to ensure the kitchen and storage areas are maintained in a hygienic condition.
- Ensure all equipment, pots and pans, utensils and crockery are maintained in a hygienic condition.
- Ensure the cleaning supply store is kept and tidy.
- Order and maintain high/low stocks of cleaning supplies.
- Give assistance to Kitchen assistants in the general maintenance of the catering area.
- Take on Kitchen Assistant duties when required, in the presence of the Chef Manager.
- Ensure all required legal documentation is recorded ie cleaning schedules, temperature records, risk assessment (HACCP)
- Assist in staff appraisals.
- To participate in system of supervision and appraisal.
- To attend 2 mandatory training sessions per annum on Fire, COSHH, Infection Control and Manual Handling.
This job description should not be regarded as restrictive or definitive but as a guide to the demands of the post and as such will be reviewed in the light of experience.
What benefits are there for you?
- 50p extra pay at weekends
- Double pay at bank holidays
- Paid breaks
- Free staff bus
- Subsidised meals during your shifts
- Free uniform
- Reduced rate accommodation
- In house training
- Internal academy offering various courses including specific training in a field you are passionate about,
- Mentoring scheme
- Exceptional career progression within the company
- Refer friend bonuses
Why work with us?
Sussex Healthcare has 23 homes across the South East of England and we are continually striving to deliver great quality care. We cover the following types of care within our homes:
- Physical Disabilities
- Mental Health
- Learning Disabilities
- End of life
- Acquired brain Injury
Key words: Chef, Assistant, Chef Assistant, Kitchen
Apply and join Sussex Healthcare!
Apply for Assistant Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Healthcare Hospitality Permanent Full Time jobs in Horsham
- Support Care Hospitality Permanent Full Time jobs in Horsham
- Hospitality & Catering Hospitality Permanent Full Time jobs in Horsham
- Catering Hospitality Permanent Full Time jobs in Horsham
- Chef Hospitality Permanent Full Time jobs in Horsham