Physio Assistant - Three month fixed term contract
The post holder will carry out tasks under the supervision of a Physiotherapist. It is anticipated that after experience and training the post holder would undertake some tasks alone reporting back to the Physiotherapist any progress or problems. The job would involve work with individual service users and groups of service users.
What benefits are there for you as a Physio Assistant?
- 50p extra pay at weekends
- Double pay at bank holidays
- Paid breaks
- Free staff bus
- Employment Assistance Programme
- Subsidised meals during your shifts
- Free uniform
- Reduced rate accommodation
- In house training
- Internal academy offering various courses including specific training in a field you are passionate about, eg, Dementia
- The opportunity to complete your level 2 and 3 in healthcare
- Nursing apprenticeships
- Mentoring scheme
- Exceptional career progression within the company,
- Refer friend bonuses
- To carry out programmes as directed by the Physiotherapist, which could include passive movements, positioning and standing.
- Assist Physiotherapists with moving and mobilising/walking service users.
- Apply splints to service users as directed and assist in splint repair or construction.
- To assist Physiotherapist with service users in hydrotherapy sessions in the spa and swimming pool.
- To report to the Physiotherapist in charge any problems encountered during his/her work.
- To support other staff with maintaining programmes as directed by the Physiotherapist which could include working alone at times.
- To keep adequate records where appropriate and to ensure that these are updated regularly.
- To clean physiotherapy equipment and wheelchairs.
- To organise general wheelchair repairs and maintain records of repairs and telephone calls.