The Inpatient Therapy team is looking to recruit a highly motivated and enthusiastic Band 3 Therapy Assistant.
The Service covers four hospitals: Bognor, Zachery Merton, Salvington Lodge and Arundel. The post holder will mainly work in Bognor or Zachery Merton, but will be expected to work from the other locations at times.
Applicants should have experience of delivering rehabilitation to adult and older persons with various needs, multiple co-morbidities and falls with support from qualified therapy staff. The post holder will be required to support service developments and show flexibility when adapting to change.
The post holder will work alongside a multi-disciplinary team to implement timely and person-centred assessments and rehabilitation.
Excellent communication skills and an ability to prioritise their own caseload of patients are essential.
Full time or part time.
The successful candidate will
• Assist the Therapy staff in the treatment of specific patients.
• Have their own patient caseload and clinical duties.
• Supervise exercise programmes and practice activities of daily living under the guidance of a Therapist.
• Assess and treat patients according to protocols, monitoring patient progression, making minor alterations to patient treatment programmes as required.
• Work without direct supervision, reporting back patient progress and informing the Therapist of any problems.
• Prepare and keep treatment areas and equipment clean and tidy.
Applicant requirements This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.