Resource Centre Worker
The Resource Centre supports small community groups in Sussex by providing equipment, information and advice. We are looking for a full time worker to join our small staff team and share the work of running the centre.
Job description and summary:
Working at the Resource Centre involves undertaking a wide variety of tasks, in collaboration with the rest of the staff team. It is difficult to describe a typical week at the Resource Centre, but it is likely to include some time on the front desk, helping members of the public use our facilities.
In addition, the new worker will be responsible for one or two other areas of work (to be agreed after appointment). On-the-job training is provided. Details of the current areas of work are on our website at www.resourcecentre.org.uk/job-vacancy.
We are looking for a thoughtful, efficient person who:
- has experience of taking an active part in the direction and decision-making processes of at least one community group
- is committed to working as part of a team and sharing equal responsibility with other workers for the day to day running of the Centre
- has an organised, careful and systematic approach to work
- can listen to a range of different people and assess what services will be most helpful
- shares the aims and values of the Centre
We encourage applications from members of communities which face discrimination. The Centre is a wheelchair accessible workplace.
For a full description of the role, and the person we are looking for, please visit www.resourcecentre.org.uk/job-vacancy
Applications: By email to firstname.lastname@example.org