Market & Competitor Analyst
4 days left
- Full Time
Are you a self-motivated and sharp minded Market & Competitor Analyst with an insurance background that can help us put customers at the heart of everything we do?
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Competitor Analyst with essential Market Research experience to join our Customer Strategy team here at Domestic & General's head office in Wimbledon. This new role is being created to enable the business to build and identify market, competitor and consumer trends to prioritise growth opportunities and mitigate business risk. If you've got the relevant Market Analyst experience, this role could be for you!
On a day to day basis the role will involve:
- Compiling and analysing multiple sources of industry reports using primary, secondary, modern and traditional methods. Sharing through regular reports, presentations etc.
- Enabling the business to understand changing consumer trends and enabling us to learn from best in market case studies and trends.
- Ensuring the business is aware of competitor strategy and its impact on D&G by building a competitor overview
- Understanding the past, present and future of the insurance and warranty market. Looking into the implications of current market behaviour and trends, future trends and predictions for D&G. Providing access to market trends that enable debates and conversation around implications or risks for the business.
At Domestic & General our market position as the UK's leading warranty specialist has been sustained despite the economic downturn. With a global customer base of over 15 million and a story of consistent growth, we have a clear brand vision and our customers not only know they can rely on us to take care of their products but that we can adapt and develop our business to meet their expectations.
We're smart, brave and ambitious individuals united by our ambition of putting customers first and at the heart of everything we do.
Help us in our journey to make our customers lives easier with:
- Your experience in looking at the external consumer view to enable informed decision making
- Your ability to articulate business requirements into research requirements
- Your 3-4 years experience (desirable) in a market strategy or role or similar
- Your previous experience in working with statistical reports and company annual reports
You'll also be resourceful and preferably come from a insurance or financial services background. You'll have experience in working with primary and secondary sources of data and be a blue sky thinker.
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary plus a discretionary bonus
- 25 days holiday allowance, plus bank holidays
- Free life assurance
- Enhanced Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to Discounted benefit site which offers exclusive shopping discounts, cashback and travel services for all UK employees
- Discounts on Domestic and General products and services
- Great local employee discounts at shops, restaurants and gym
A career at Domestic & General will stretch and challenge you to achieve your full potential, and allow you to make an enormous impact within a growing business. To be a part of our journey apply now!
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We view all applications equally, regardless of gender, colour, ethnic background, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. We also have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.