Food and Beverage Apprentice
HOSPITALITY ( Food and Beverage) TEAM MEMBER APPRENTICE
La Rusta is a Bistro style Eaterie serving a modern menu priding itself on customer service and the quality of food that includes home baked bread and fresh produce. We are seeking a Kitchen Assistant to join our small, friendly team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare hot and cold food in the kitchen area
- Ensuring that food is presented to a high standard
- Cleaning down the kitchen and preparation areas as and when required
- Follow hygiene and safety procedures at all times
- Dealing with Customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Taking food orders and serving food and drink
- Working as part of a team
Hours of work: Monday - Friday between the hours of 7/7.30 am and 7pm. A typical shift will be approximately 8 hours each day. With some weekend work. After 3 months probation, depending on performance, hourly rate will increase
Training to be provided:
- Hospitality team member L2
- Maths Functional Skills L1
- English Functional Skills L1
Qualifications and Skills
- Able to follow instructions and to work under supervision
- Strong Customer service skills e.g good communication, polite, professional and attention to detail.
- To work safely and adhere to health and safety regulations and processes.
- Eager to learn new skills
- Good work ethic.
- Have desire to learn and successfully complete the Apprenticeship qualification within 13 months
- Positive attitude and able to work well with colleagues in the Kitchen.
Starting salary will be £4.50 per hour, with a view to increasing to £6 per hour after the first 3 month