Class 2 HGV Driver - Maidstone
Class 2 HGV Driver – Maidstone
We have a vacancy for a full time Class 2 HGV Driver at our branch in Maidstone, Kent.
What you will be responsible for:
Ensuring goods are transported to customers in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensuring security of goods carried are at the highest level
- Ensure compliance with all transport procedures throughout the operation
- Ensure all required documentation is completed accurately and in line with legislation
- To report any accident or damage to any equipment or machinery
- Maintain excellent service levels at all times
- Ensure road worthiness of vehicle before leaving the yard by carrying out a safety check, taking appropriate action where necessary
- During quieter periods, assisting yard staff and serving customers in the yard
- Keeping vehicle clean and tidy
Hours of work:
The branch opening hours are Monday to Friday from 7am to 5.30pm and Saturdays from 8am to 12pm. You would be required to work 45 hours per week, Monday to Friday and Saturdays on a rota basis
Who we are looking for:
The ideal Class 2 HGV Driver will have a friendly and outgoing nature and can work independently and within a team. A HGV Licence at Class 2 or above required and previous experience of HGV Driving essential. The successful applicant will have strong logistical and geographical knowledge, excellent interpersonal skills and be self-motivated, flexible, and adaptable.
The successful applicant would ideally have experience with building materials and with remote controlled lorry mounted crane offloading, but full Health and Safety training will be given. A fork lift licence would also be preferable.
What you will receive:
In return for your hard work, we offer an excellent benefit package including the following: a highly competitive rate of pay, a monthly bonus scheme, annual profit related pay, pension, discounted staff purchasing, WPA healthcare, long service benefits and uniform.