Apprentice Supply Chain Warehouse Operative - £148.00 pw - Bolney
We are looking for a Trainee Operations Executive to join our friendly team close to Burgess Hill. We are a fast growing independent, highly ambitious company. You will be an integral part of our Operations Team helping with all aspects of our business. Full training will be given. As well as the environment to complete your apprenticeship, we want to offer a future role within the company. As a result, additional training will be given.
Key responsibilities for the role include but are not limited to:
- Assist the team with getting shipments ready for despatch. This includes set-up of exhibition stands (which will require use of steps, lifting and assembly)
- manual stacking and creating pallet loads, use of a forklift (training and certification to be given)
- Assist the warehouse manager with arranging client inventories,
- general warehouse duties to include keeping the warehouse fully functional and maintained.
General office duties and administrative support to the Operations Team.
- answering the phone,
- entering orders to our custom written software,
- booking shipments for world-wide shipping,
- checking purchase invoices and entering onto our systems, generating sales invoices.
- Subject to driving age, some driving of small vans may be required locally and nationally
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Liaising with our drivers and suppliers
- Handling day to day enquiries via phone, email, written correspondence
- Maintaining and compiling spreadsheets as well as our on-line systems
Training to be Provided:
With support from Crawley College, the Apprentice will develop and maintain examples of their work to meet standard criteria within an electronic portfolio. Attendance to maths and/or English sessions if applicable. The option to attend behaviour workshops to cover key elements of the behaviours set out in the Standard is advisable. Gateway: After the completion of on programme training and in consultation with all relevant parties, when you are considered to have demonstrated the KSBs required of a competent Supply Chain Operative, their EPA will be booked. This must happen at least 12 months and 1 week into the Apprenticeship. You cannot proceed through the gateway until the following elements have been achieved: Level 2 in maths and English.
Training to be provided at Crawley College, part of Chichester College Group.
Articulate, good telephone manner, computer literate, work efficiently and effectively, organised.
Maths and English at grade C/4+.
Polite, excellent timekeeping, tidy appearance, reliable, respectful
We wish the successful candidate to stay on in our exciting and varied business with opportunities become an integral part of our team and the opportunity to travel throughout the UK, Europe and even world-wide.
Other Important Information:
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered. The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour effective from 1st April 2018. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Use of fully equipped kitchen, free tea and coffee Regular company social events & activities outside of work are all available to the successful applicant.
Own transport or support from family/friends maybe required as public transport (buses) are a 10-15mins walk from our building.