Event Manager – Maternity Cover 12 months
LovelocalJobs.com is a family of regional job boards working in partnership with businesses, local authorities, universities, colleges, schools, charities and community groups to create and promote local pathways into jobs and training. A small, passionate and innovative team, we are absolutely dedicated to providing the best possible service to our clients and communities. We provide unique and engaging career platforms created to enhance the economy of the local areas – raising the career aspirations of local people, reducing recruitment spend and significantly improving employer profiles on a regional and national level.
Latest research shows that as well as online support, young people want face-to-face advice and guidance from businesses when they start to think about their future career. Building on our work to improve careers pathways in Sussex and Surrey, we are working in partnership with social enterprise, humanutopia, to deliver a program of inspirational events called Be the Change, in a variety of areas across Sussex, Surrey and beyond. We are now looking for a passionate, organised and conscientious Event Manager to play a significant role in helping to deliver this ground-breaking initiative.
- Responsible for the delivery of the Foundation projects and events including Be The Change and Networking Events.
- Community engagement – careers and enterprise organisations, CEIAG meetings, local councils etc.
- Creating strategic events plans, to ensure a constant pipeline of Foundation events with keynote speakers.
- Sourcing, booking and ongoing liaison with appropriate venues or event locations, assisting with cost negotiations and ongoing rate agreements.
- Undertake regular reviews of relationships with venue coordinators to ensure active and efficient communication and that the Event Executive liaises with venues and follows up.
- Ensure a very high level of customer satisfaction is maintained and exceeded before, during and after all event programs.
- Work with marketing team to oversee all event related marketing, promotional and PR strategies.
- With the Head of Commercial, ensure the effective management of all proactive and reactive event sales.
- Review methods of communication within the department and as part of the wider program to ensure all event details are recorded, reported and displayed in a clear, concise manner and delivered to exceed stakeholder expectations. Must also communicate well internally.
- Overseeing sign off and management of event budgets; calculating and preparing cost proposals.
- Liaise with senior stakeholders to ascertain precise event requirements and overseeing key communications to all parties to ensure a well-planned event and the development of positive client relationships.
- With marketing, ensure the creation/production of consistent, on-brand documentation for events (e.g. proposal and agreement documentation, presentations, course booklets, posters and certificates, safeguarding policy, info sheets, timetables etc.)
- Coordinate staffing requirements for event team and providing leadership, motivation, direction and support to the team at events where required.
- Negotiating with suppliers regarding logistics and costs to get the most efficient service at competitive prices.
- Supporting with management of and liaison with event sponsors to ensure they get exceptional service and ROI for their sponsorship.
- Coordinating event team and suppliers, stakeholder queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly and to an extremely high standard.
- Responsible for ensuring all GDPR legislation’s are abided too.
- Overseeing the set up and take down of events and clearing the venue efficiently.
- Post event follow up and admin with delegates, suppliers and sponsors.
- Organising the transport of event supplies to/from events
- To have the ability to be able to brief volunteers/Staff/Mentors at events
- Credible and engaging communicator: able to put people at ease, draw them out and build relationships.
- Strong attention to detail and a strong problem solver.
- Confident: comfortable with public speaking and presenting to groups of various sizes.
- Enthusiastic: with a genuine passion for community engagement and youth development projects and initiatives.
- Event Planning: plan and execute events in an organised fashion with impeccable attention to detail.
- Creative: develop and propose innovative ways of improving and developing the events planning process and providing solutions.
- Literate: excellent spelling, grammar and copy writing skills.
- Numerate: comfortable with budgets, forecasts, pricing.
- Self-sufficient: take decisions, priorities, work independently and manage personal administration.
- IT Literate: confident using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Social Media, MS Office.
- Previous experience of managing an event programme or multiple concurrent projects
- Line management experience
- Foundation/Charity/Career/Education experience
- Worked with public and private sector organisations.
You are respectful, modest, unassuming and honest. You accept feedback well and take steps to develop yourself accordingly. You really care about what you do and as such strive to do your best.
You are passionate, conscientious and committed to succeeding and you take responsibility for learning and self-development. You find ways to get around obstacles and demonstrate tenacity in doing so.
You have a good degree of emotional intelligence and handle all relationships empathetically. You are switched on, bright and quick to learn and you use your initiative to perceive what is necessary to get the job done.
More searches like this
- Business General Management Fixed term Full Time jobs in Hove
- Marketing & PR General Management Fixed term Full Time jobs in Hove
- Advertising General Management Fixed term Full Time jobs in Hove
- B2B General Management Fixed term Full Time jobs in Hove
- Communications General Management Fixed term Full Time jobs in Hove