Band 6 Nurse - Finches
We are looking for an experienced nurse to work at Finches Short Breaks based in Burgess Hill.
We provide nursing care and support to children & young people currently from the age of 0 - 20 years that access Short Breaks. Finches are looking for a Band 6 nurse to join the team and be part of providing a bespoke service to the children and families. A minimum of 2 years' experience of working at Band 5 Nurse level is required.
Finches is a service provided by Chailey Clinical as part of Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust.
The children and young people have a range of complex health needs and physical, learning and sensory disabilities.
The right person will need the following qualities:
- To be able to play their part in the safeguarding of our young people.
- Be an excellent communicator, through a variety of methods with the patience to allow others to communicate.
- Be able to see people as individuals and develop personalised nursing plans
- To be able to address any altered health care needs, maintain & promote general well being
- Be prepared to answer or help in finding answers to all manner of questions and concerns from the young people, carers and parents.
- Enjoy working as part of a team but be happy to be the only nurse working alongside and supporting care staff.
- Be able to provide training and assessment for non-registered professionals.
- Be able to provide clinical supervision to nurses in the team.
- Be able to provide clinical leadership within the team.
- Be happy to be part of a team that provides a break for families whilst ensuring their child is safe and having fun away from home.
The work is shift based and will include night shifts, weekends and bank holidays.Applicant requirements You must have appropriate UK professional registration. This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.