A fantastic opportunity for a Solution Architect to join our market leading Technology team based at our head office, Bexhill down by the sea!
Reporting to the Technology Director, the primary purpose of the role of Solution Architect is to define, maintain and ensure the integrity and consistency of end to end technology solutions in order to deliver the Hastings Technology strategy and ensure alignment to enterprise architecture, policies and standards. The individual will be a subject matter expert in End User Computing (EUC) and Collaboration architectures and implementations, particularly with the Microsoft technology stack to deliver a Digital Workplace environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide proactive technology solution support in the analysis, design, planning, and implementation across all EUC platforms.
- Technical lead for the delivery of End User Compute programs across the various EUC technologies such as Mobility, Office 365, Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, Windows 10, Workstation Imaging, Application packaging and distribution, workstation management, Identity and security, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of EUC infrastructure architecture, standards and practices and consistently applies this to the Hastings technology environment
- Determine and create a solution architecture and design to effectively meet requirements and costs while maintaining the integrity of the technology strategy and enterprise architecture roadmap and standards.
- Undertake analysis of technology solution options and associated costs and risks.
- Conduct gap analysis, and proof of concepts for new solutions, as appropriate.
- Identify issues and risks and lead their resolution as required.
- Clearly communicate solution designs, key design decisions and approaches to interested parties, stakeholders, project bodies and relevant governance / assurance forums including the Hastings Technical Design Authority (TDA).
- Oversee solution development including hand-on implementation engagement as needed.
- Apply knowledge of technology options and survey external market landscape for solution insights, direction, and vendors, as required.
- Ensure design efforts are aligned with and driven to deliver business value, strategy and goals, within cost constraints.
- Provide input into project and resource plans and support business case production.
- Ensure the solutions developed and deployed are fit for purpose and fit for use, meet the business requirements and adhere to quality standards.
- Identify and implement opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement in the strategic application of technology.
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- 5 years experience as an End User Compute Architect
- 10 years experience of design and implementation of End User Computing and Mobility solutions and technologies
- Strong expertise in the Microsoft stack including Windows 7 and 10, and O365 Enterprise product suites
- Proven demonstrable knowledge of designing and running MS O365 migrations including hybrid configurations
- Proven demonstrable knowledge of designing and running MS Windows 10 migrations
- Experienced in the design and implementation of Citrix EUC environments including DR
- Excellent technical knowledge of Virtual Desktop solutions e.g. Citrix, App V and Mobile Device Management e.g. Airwatch
- Strong technical knowledge of Directory Services (LDAP, Active Directory)
- Strong understanding of broader Data Centre technologies (Server, Storage, Server Virtualisation etc.)
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks and methods such as TOGAF and the ability to develop and maintain personal architectural knowledge, skills and abilities
In return for your skills and experience, you will receive a competitive salary along with an annual bonus, contributory pension, life assurance, along with Hastings Direct discounts and reward schemes. If the above looks and sounds like you then please do not hesitate and apply today!