Activity Assistant-Support Worker
Activities Assistant/Support Worker
We are looking for an outgoing person to join one of our care homes in Broadbridge Heath. The Grange on the Rapkyns Village is a nursing home that looks after younger people with learning and physical disabilities.
- 50p extra at weekends and double pay on bank holidays
- Subsided lunches
- Free staff bus
- Staff accomodation
- Paid annual leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Outstanding training academy offering a wide range of courses
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In the context Sussex Health Care Policies and Procedures, to work as part of a Team providing personalised support to younger adults.
- To provide support and guidance in accordance with their Person Centred Plan.
- To assist the coordination of the provision of group activities in conjunction with the Activity coordinator, nurse/care staff where appropriate.
- To help organise, run and record activity programme.
- To assist in the determination of the people we support needs individually, through the use of profiles, biography sheets or care plans in order to ascertain personal preferences, abilities and potential activities.
- To learn different methods of communication in order to enable and empower the younger adults to be heard and understood.
- To provide all aspects of personal care, maintaining privacy and respecting dignity for younger adults at all times.
- To prepare and administer medication and gastrostomy feeds (once trained and assessed as competent)
- To act as a designated key worker for particular younger adults.
- To accompany and enable the younger adults to take part in community activities and trips, and attend medical appointments including hospital stays.
- To ensure personal aids and equipment are maintained in good order and always ready for use when necessary.
- To work flexibly as part of a rota to include early and late shifts, weekends and Bank Holidays
- Enhancing younger adults lives by supporting the fulfilment of leisure activities, which may include hydrotherapy and swimming.
- Be responsible, with the activity coordinator for the maintenance and safe storage of activity equipment and materials.
- Understanding and abiding by health & safety guidelines and ensuring others do the same.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding younger adults at all times.
- To attend regular supervision sessions with line manager and undertake relevant training as and when required.
- To participate in the system of supervision and appraisal.
- To attend 2 mandatory training sessions per annum on Fire, COSHH, Infection Control and Manual Handling.
Apply and join Sussex Healthcare!
Apply for Activity Assistant-Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly