Xibo is an exciting, fast growing open source digital signage software provider. We are based in “virtual offices” located in Brighton and beyond, where we develop the Xibo platform and various value add commercial services that we sell to our customers across the globe. At Xibo we strongly believe in delivering compelling and innovative next generation digital signage solutions to our customers, with outstanding customer experience and quality.
We are looking for a PHP Developer to join our small team working from home in the Sussex area. We are looking for a motivated individual who is passionate about software and familiar with remote working.
Responsibilities: As a PHP Developer you will be involved in:
- Understanding the Xibo Software and the Roadmap for future development.
- Developing features, enhancements and bug fixes for the stable and development releases.
- Conducting tests of your work using PHPUnit or other tools as appropriate.
- Attending regular team web meetings and occasional face-to-face meetings.
- Involvement in internal development projects.
- Involvement in customer facing development projects which involve custom extensions to Xibo or connection via the API.
Skills Range: An ideal candidate will have:
- Experience developing and deploying complex PHP applications
- Object Oriented PHP
- Dependency Injection
- Knowledge of a PHP framework
- Experience with Git/Github
- Experience with Docker
- Remote Working means the ability to self-motivate and prioritise is critical
Attendance: Full Time, 8:00 to 16:30 Monday to Friday, 3 month probationary period
Additional Information: This is a "work from home" position and candidates are expected to have a reasonable provision for working at home. A workstation/laptop will be provided as appropriate. The company does not have physical offices and all employees work from home, however we hire meeting space in Brighton and the surrounding area as appropriate. We get together once a month for a work social.
Candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Find out more about us on http://xibo.org.uk and explore our code on Github https://github.com/xibosignage