Overnight Band 2 Healthcare Assistant
4 days left
- Full Time
Sussex Community NHS Trust is committed to paying all our staff the Living Wage. This is an hourly wage rate that ensures working people on the lowest incomes achieve a decent standard of living for them and their families. We are the first NHS organisation in Sussex to have been granted accreditation as a ‘Living Wage Employer'.
Staff working in the South East Coast Region will be given priority consideration for vacancies if they are at risk of redundancy.
We are looking for enthusiastic and highly motivated Band 2 Healthcare Assistant to join our Overnight Team working between 10pm-8am across the Coastal region of West Sussex.
As a Healthcare Assistant you will play a key role in delivering high quality care under guidance from the senior staff nurses within the team, ensuring safe care for housebound patients to avoid acute admissions and achieve preferred place of care for patients.
Our Trust actively supports ongoing learning through training in the Care Certificate and Dementia Care, as well as an active In-Service training programme. Candidates will need to have access to a car as travel within the community is an essential part of this post.
- Basic IT skills e.g. Microsoft Office (Word and Outlook)
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Some previous experience/consolidation of practice as an HCA
- Completion of a Trust or other HCA development programme
- Ability to communicate with members of the public and healthcare providers
- Presents self as courteous, respectful and helpful
- Understanding the requirements to provide rehabilitation and re‑enablement in patients' homes
- Ability to work effectively under minimal supervision, as part of the multi-disciplinary team, and adhere to the Lone Workers Policy
- Knowledge of Aseptic Non Touch Technique (ANTT) principles
- Competent in blood pressure measurement, pulse taking, blood glucose measurement, simple wound care, continence re-assessment and venepuncture
- Able to assist with palliative care under supervision
- Ability to administer medication as per Medicine Management
- Policy car owner/driver with full UK driving licence
If you are selected for interview you will be contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date. When applying for this post it is essential that you read the Job Description and Person Specification and use the “supporting information” space to demonstrate how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the requirements of the person specification, as your application will be judged against this.
Please indicate under "supporting information" if you have a disability and wish to be considered for shortlisting in line with our 2 ticks commitments and/or if you have any particular requirements to enable you to participate in the selection process. Please insert "I wish to apply under the 2 ticks scheme". This post may close earlier than the published closing date if sufficient applications are received. Correspondence relating to this vacancy will be conducted electronically. Please ensure that you check your emails on a regular basis. References will be requested electronically also; please ensure you provide correct contact details for referees.
If you are successful in your application for this post you will be expected to attend the Trust's Corporate Induction which takes place at the Trust's headquarters at Brighton General Hospital. This will give you a real opportunity to meet other colleagues starting at the same time. As well as this it will provide you with an informative session on the Trust, its values and mission along with an opportunity to meet key individuals such as our Chief Executive. Start dates will be made available to you during the selection process.
Working towards equality.
A no smoking policy is operated.Applicant requirements This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.