Business Administration Apprenticeship
The purpose of this role is to prepare, personalise and deliver communications.
- Working closely with our account directors you will learn how to use Excel and Word to mail merge and manipulate data in order to create professional mailing campaigns, including personalisation to industry standards and effective quality control.
- Using our in house database programs and Microsoft Access we’ll show you how to clean and process data and teach you about GDPR and ICO.
- You’ll gain a thorough understanding of working practices for handling data and mailings, Royal Mail and Industry processing and handling procedures, including pricing and discounting.
- You’ll be involved in booking orders with couriers, distributors and delivery companies.
- You will learn to operate and run a range of Print and Mailing machines including digital colour printers and enclosing machines.
- The role is office based so you will get involved in some general office admin as well as filing and maintaining our data and records.
- You’ll also get to talk to our clients and suppliers by telephone and email and, as you progress, you will represent the company at meetings with clients and business events.
- Your salary will be reviewed every three months and there will be a job role at the end of the apprenticeship. You will also be able to go on to further studies. Desired skills
The essential skills for the role include:
- Knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Understanding/experience of Microsoft Access/Database would be desirable
- The role would suit someone who is interested in technology.
The essential personal qualities for the role include:
- friendly, analytical, organised, detail orientated, numerate, good listener and communicator.
- Our ideal candidate will be technically minded as the role includes working with printing and mailing machines.
The essential qualifications include maths and English GCSEs, at grades A*-C (or equivalent)
It is desirable, although not essential to have A Levels in maths and English. A Computer Studies or CBT qualification would be an advantage.
We have a reputation for taking on the right people at the end of their apprenticeship. We are particularly keen to hear from candidates who see their apprenticeship as a stepping stone to a permanent job. For the right candidate we will offer ongoing training and support when they take a permanent job with us to study for and obtain the industry recognised IDM qualifications.
Things to consider
We will increase your salary as your knowledge grows – we review apprentice’s salaries every three months. Successful apprentices can expect to be earning £13,000 per year by the time they complete their apprenticeship.
When you’ve been with us for three months we will offer you flexitime. You’ll be able to flex your work around our core hours to suit your lifestyle.
There is a cashplan scheme from day one to pay towards optical and dental treatment and a pension after 6 months.