SIU Support Operative
Specialist Investigators Unit Support Operative
We are looking for a SIU Support Operative, based in our Bexhill office. You will provide support to the team to ensure the efficient running of the Specialist Investigators Unit within the Insight department.
· Preparation of data from various data sources into fraud databases
· Initial review of alerts sent out by the Insurance Fraud Bureau, communicating updated fraud threats to the department and ensuring company claim and policy matches are investigated
· Assisting voidance and cancellation of policies and grey list processes to ensure company protection against known fraudsters
· To contribute towards the operational performance through meeting deadlines and turning around tasks as quickly as possible.
· To assist Colleagues, teams and management by completing tasks and ad hoc requests
· Assisting with the production of weekly and monthly MI and statistics including fraud database outcomes
· Provide support to the Field Force team including allocation of work internally and to external suppliers
· Assisting with project work when required
· First point of contact for general enquires into the department including telephone calls
· Ensure that you are meeting customers' fair and reasonable expectations and provide fair outcomes. Question and challenge peers and managers where processes and procedures do not meet these expectations and any activity that does not place customers' interests at the heart of how we do business.
· Ensure completion of all training as mandated by the company and regulated by the FCA.
· Ensure that you achieve and demonstrate levels of competence required to fulfil job requirements
This list is neither exclusive nor exhaustive and there may be other duties, within the remit of this position, required of the job holder from time to time.
The Company reserves the right to alter this job description and will do so after consultation with the job holder.
We're looking for someone who has:
· Good IT skills
· Excellent Microsoft Office Skills
· Excellent organisational skills
· 1 years' experience in administrative / support duties
· Experience in Counter Fraud Systems
· Previous Counter Fraud Support experience
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues.
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
Competitive basic salary
Up to 5% bonus earning potential
23 days holiday plus bank holidays
Flexible benefits - buy or sell holidays
Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks