Occupational Therapist (Rotational)
Location: Crawley, Haywards Heath and Horsham
Come and work for a community NHS Trust which strives to deliver excellent care at the heart of the community, is rated "good" by CQC and which has values of achieving ambitions, delivering excellence, working together and compassionate care.
These demonstrate our belief in both person-centred care and staff development and we offer a supportive and innovative environment in which to start or develop your Occupational Therapy career. We are now looking for skilled, enthusiastic, highly motivated Band 5 Occupational Therapists to join our newly developed rotations across Horsham, Crawley and Mid Sussex.
Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. A driving license, and a car available to use for work are essential as you will be required to travel across sites and in the community.
In this role you will be involved in:
- Delivery of high quality, individualised, evidenced based care to all patients.
- Maintaining confidentiality, privacy and dignity of patients.
- Learning, developing and adapting to change evidenced in CPD.
- Operating in a team and contributing to team decisions.
- Managing own caseload and prioritising.
- Teaching of patients, carers and peers.
During each six month rotation, you will be supported by Band 7 and Band 6 colleagues with a comprehensive range of in service training to meet your learning needs.
- Medical Wards
- Rehab wards
- Responsive services (community based including Early Supported Discharge (ESD) for Stroke)
- Responsive Neuro Services (formally Community Neuro Rehabilitation Team)
- Stroke Rehabilitation In-Patients
We are hoping to include pediatricians into the rotation at a later date.
We have 3 bases, Crawley Hospital, Horsham Hospital, and The Kleinwort Centre, and adjacent Nightingale Primary Care Centre in Haywards Heath. These all have good links to public transport and are only a 15 minutes' walk from the town centres.
Applicant requirements You must have appropriate UK professional registration. This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.