Manager - International Corporate Tax Advisory
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an International Tax Advisory specialist. As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate strong tax technical knowledge and have good post-qualification experience of corporate tax planning and advisory matters. Ideally, you will have had some exposure to US and other European tax regimes and a proven track record dealing with the corporate tax affairs of medium to large multinational companies. ACA/ACCA and/or CTA qualified, you will be an established corporate tax professional with UK Corporate Tax expertise looking to make your mark in a manager or senior manager level role. Neither previous experience working within an in- house tax team or a Financial Services organisation is essential.
This will be a UK role reporting directly to the UK International Tax Advisory Director. The UK is a key location for our organisation within the EMEA region and the International Manager role will be based in either our London or Burgess Hill offices.
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
- Providing corporate tax advisory support on both UK and EMEA projects, including internal reorganisations, mergers and acquisitions, and International transfer pricing (TP) projects
- Providing value added corporate tax advice to multiple business stakeholders, e.g. Tax, Controllership, Treasury, Legal Office, Procurement and broader Business colleagues around the world
- Providing tax advice in respect of third party contracts and new product developments
- Providing tax advice on treasury matters e.g. new loans, renewals of loans, structuring of financing activities
- A leading role in the resolution of UK and wider European tax authority audits and investigations
- Providing advice in respect of inter-company transactions and reviewing associated agreements
- Support and review of TP documentation prepared by our Global Transfer Pricing team
- Providing technical and other support to our UK corporate tax compliance team including dealings with HMRC
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- As well as being a self-starter and strong team player, you’ll bring with you strong relationship management skills and the ability to influence and manage both internal and external stakeholders
- Good knowledge/proficiency at MS Office applications
- Self-starter who can make decisions within agreed scope of responsibility but also seeks advice and support when needed
- Capable of operating within a team environment, whilst fulfilling on goals they are individually accountable for.
- Qualifications: QACA/ACCA/CTA
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time