Business Administration Apprentice
The Service Development and PMO team is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and proactive administrator to work in the busy PMO office based at Brighton General Hospital. This is a busy role with lots to learn, however full training will be given and it will provide a great foundation upon which to start or build on your NHS career.
The role is advertised as an apprentice role meaning that the successful applicant will be expected to complete an NVQ in Business Administration. Please do not apply for this role unless you are willing to undertake this task. This will be completed on the job with time allowed to complete the necessary NVQ work. There will be no need to attend college. The role will be paid at 70% of the top of the band two pay scale or at the national living wage, whichever is the highest. The role will be fixed term for two years to allow completion of the NVQ. Upon successful completion of the NVQ, the role may be made permanent and salary amended to the appropriate pay scale within the pay band.
The post holder will:
- Receive and answer telephone calls and emails in a professional and courteous manner, taking clear, accurate messages
- Book and arrange meetings to support the delivery of the Trust Portfolio
- Help to keep an accurate record of actions and track their progress to completion
- Respond to queries and requests in a timely and professional manner
- Support the preparation and circulation of meeting papers
- Input data onto electronic systems, extract reports and undertake simple analysis
- Promote the Service Development process through attendance at meetings and promotional events
Experience of working in a team is desirable combined with a strong commitment to health, good communication skills, a willingness to learn and the ability to work flexibly.