Coast to Capital is the Local Enterprise Partnership for one of the most exciting and successful parts of England. Our area covers East Surrey, West Sussex and Brighton and Hove. We determine regional economic priorities, support businesses and make investments to drive growth. Our small yet highly motivated organisation is very ambitious for the future of the region and we have a vacancy for the position of Project Coordinator. You will work as part of the Strategy and Policy team, supporting the delivery of our newly launched economic strategy, specifically our work around skills and workforce development and our European funding investments.
Duties and responsibilities
- Supporting the Skills Manager to deliver on work programmes ensuring risk registers, resource trackers, governance and engagement plans are in place and regularly monitored
- Providing secretariat to the Skills 360 Board and support for the Chair and the Skills Manager in running the Board and any associated task groups
- Supporting the development of project specifications in line with project milestones
- Providing advice, support and information to project partners and stakeholders on project development, implementation and reporting
- Collating and analysing data and information on project outputs, outcomes and successes to inform project reporting, impact assessment and evaluation
- Preparing quarterly financial claims and ensuring audit readiness for all related projects
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with partner organisations, stakeholders and various funding bodies
- Delivering a communication strategy and managing information for the website and social media activity
- Preparing reports, dashboards and presentations for internal and external audiences
- Organising, meetings, events and representing Coast to Capital in external meetings, events and workshops
- Promoting the European cross-cutting themes of equality, diversity and sustainability
Essential Skills, knowledge and experience
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent track record of project coordination
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- The ability to self-manage and work as part of an extended team
- The ability to maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and partners
- Experience of using monitoring and evaluation tools to assess impact
Desirable Skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience of working in a social inclusion or education and skills setting
- A good knowledge and previous experience of coordinating European Social Fund or other European funded projects
- Experience of secretariat duties and minute taking
- An understanding of Local Enterprise Partnerships
Accountable to: Skills Manager
Location: Horsham (moving to Three Bridges in spring 2019)
Term: Fixed term until end of March 2020
Hours: Full-time: 37.5 hours per week
Employment status: The post may be filled either by secondment to Coast to Capital from a host employer, OR through a contract of employment with Coast to Capital.
This role is part funded by the European Structural Investment Funds.
How to apply
To make an application please send a CV with a short (two pages maximum) covering statement setting out how you believe you fulfil the requirements of this role by 9am Monday 21 January 2019. Please send your application to: Claire Witz, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge all applications within 24 hours of receipt.
For any questions regarding this post please contact Claire Witz at email@example.com
Coast to Capital is committed to achieving diversity and equality of opportunity both as an employer and as a commissioner of services. Our Equality and Diversity Policy 2015-2021 is available on request.