At Domestic & General we are proud of our market position as the UK's leading warranty protection provider. With a customer base in excess of 16 million, we have maintained this position by improving the way we interact with potential customers across different channels.
We're looking for an experienced Senior Copywriter to join our fantastic in-house copywriting team, based in our Wimbledon office in South-West London. The successful candidate will assist with the roll out of clear, concise compliance updates in line with our current Customer First initiatives. Supporting with writing clear and compliant communications that our customers will understand and feel engaged with for a variety of marketing materials.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Writing brilliant, compelling, compliant and clear copy for a huge variety of corporate and marketing communications, including direct mails, brochures, inserts, training materials, posters, video scripts, adverts, presentations, pitches, emails, web content and many others.
- Being a senior point of contact for the rest of the team.
- Working closely with our Financial Promotions team to ensure that all copy produced meets legal requirements and treats customers fairly.
- Proofreading and editing copy written by other departments or clients, ensuring that it adheres to our brand guidelines and is suitable for the product and target audience.
- Taking ownership, managing and delivering to deadlines, liaising with stakeholders across the business in order to drive jobs to completion.
- Working in a busy and regulated environment, often on several projects simultaneously.
Other responsibilities will also include:
- Maintaining files and working folders, such as an archive of all signed off materials and maintaining module libraries, style sheets and templates.
- Supporting in the delivery of ad hoc creative related projects.
- Acting as a brand guardian for Domestic & General and all our client's brands.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have outstanding attention to detail
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have proven experience of writing in a variety of genres
- Have passion for a challenging task with an innovative approach to problem solving
- Have a willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
- Be proactive, with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Be able to manage and deliver multiple projects and deadlines without supervision
- Be fully competent using Microsoft Office/Outlook/Word
- Be knowledgeable of Adobe CS Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We view all applications equally, regardless of gender, colour, ethnic background, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.