Careers Advisor (Part-time)
We are looking to recruit an inspiring and motivated Careers Lead to provide a best practice careers service throughout the school.
The successful candidate will;
- either possess a level 4 (working towards Level 6) or level 6 careers qualification.
- or you may have secondary school experience and be looking for a new direction in careers, with a keen interest supporting students to achieve their potential. If this is that case you must be willing to undertake the relevant training provided by the Academy.
Start: Immediate, depending on required notice period.
- Unqualified: Equivalent to NJC Scale 4 (performance management progression range points 18-21) Starting salary point 18 - £18,870 per annum pro rata (£9,842.01 per annum).
- Qualified to Level 4: Equivalent to NJC Scale 5 (performance management progression range points 22-25) Starting salary point 22 - £21,074 per annum pro rata (£10,991.55 per annum).
- Qualified to Level 6: Equivalent to NJC Scale 6 (performance management progression range points 26-28) Starting salary point 26 £23,866 per annum pro rata (£12,447.78 per annum).
Hours: 0.6fte, 22.5 hours, 3 days per week, term-time only
The role includes:
- Creating an ethos of high aspiration that fits with the academy values.
- Provide engaging and interactive careers advice, guidance and support on subject options and post-16 choices
- To develop, implement and review a strategic plan which guides the policies, plans, targets and practices of careers
- To develop, implement and review a curriculum for CEIAG, including contribution to the PSHE programme
- To focus on ‘narrowing the gap’ by careful monitoring and tracking of both PP and vulnerable groups with regards to final destination data
- To develop and maintain a CEIAG service that meets the requirements for the Gatsby Bench Marks
Bexhill Academy, an OFSTED rated ‘Good’ school, is situated in a modern building, in the heart of the local community. We have a friendly supportive staff and additionally have a unique staff reward programme offering staff social outings and after hours exercise classes.
Closing Date for applications: 12 noon Monday 21 January 2019
Interviews: w/c 21 January 2019
Find out how to apply here http://www.bexhillacademy.org/community/vacancies-recruitment
For further information please contact:
Philip Gordon, Assistant Principal – email@example.com
Please send completed Academy applications to HR Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept CV’s or approaches from agencies.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.