Salary: £17,038 per annum (pro rata) plus commission OTE £20,335
Hours: 15 hours per week, evenings and some weekends
Closing Date: Wednesday 23 January 2019
Interview Date: Monday 4 February 2019
Do you enjoy meeting people?
Are you passionate about raising awareness and support for a local charity?
We are looking for an enthusiastic canvasser to recruit new members to our Lottery, which plays a vital role in helping to raise funds for Martlets.
Martlets is a charity that cares for those living with terminal illness in Brighton and Hove and the surrounding area. We receive only 20% of our running costs from the NHS, the remaining 80% has to be raised from the community we serve.
Main duties will include:
- To ensure recruitment targets are met or exceeded every week
- To provide excellent customer service to players and potential lottery players
- To promote Martlets and Martlets Lottery in a professional manner, by being pleasant and courteous at all times
- To comply with all relevant legislation, Gambling Commission licence conditions and codes of practice and Martlets policies and procedures
Key Skills required:
- Good standard of general education
- Good standard of written and spoken English and the ability to relate to people of all kinds
- Excellent time management and the ability to meet deadlines
- The ability to consistently achieve canvassing and recruitment targets
- Reliable, prepared to go out in all weathers
- Physically fit, able to walk or stand for up to 4 hours at a time
- A full driving licence and access to a car
- Company pension with matched contributions, cashback health scheme, generous annual leave, subsidised restaurant, Cycle to Work Scheme, professional development opportunities
How to apply:
For more information about this vacancy, or if you need any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please contact People Services Team on 01273 718788 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to pre-employment checks.