A vacancy exists for an apprentice carer over 19 years old to come and learn the skills for care in a community setting in Seaford. The apprentice will be shadowing experienced carers initially and will be inducted into the company. Training will be given to the successful candidate who will be put forward to do the Skills for Care Certificate and the apprentice qualification.
If you feel that this is a career pathway you would like to pursue, then do apply for the vacancy. We need a candidate who has a caring personality who can empathise with others and who gets satisfaction in helping to give personal centred support to others.
- We work with the elderly in the community and it is important that you respect and support this vulnerable section of the community needing support
- You may be providing companionship with a client, helping them to do some light cleaning or helping them with personal care, or you may have to accompany them to the hospital or their GP for an appointment
- You will have close supervision and mentoring initially when you start working with clients and we will at all times help out with any course-work you need help with
- Caring personality
- Ability to empathise with others
- Interested in making people feel happy
- Able to give person centered support to others
- To have a good sense of humour
- Have patience and understanding
- Be interested in what others have to say
- Be interested and respectful of opinions
- Ability to listen to clients wishes
Putting care as a first on your agenda in all matters, being able to communicate verbally and in writing in the English language, being competent and confident in taking instructions and using learned knowledge to the best of your ability.
Depending on how well you do, we would be interested in the Apprentice taking on some office work as well as care in the community. We will help you to succeed if you are willing to learn.
Things to consider
This vacancy is based in Seaford which is a community where everything is close. Whilst we would like someone who can drive, someone who is wiling to walk or use public transport are welcome to apply.