An exciting opportunity has opened up for an Energy Officer within a nationally-recognised sustainable healthcare team at Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust (SCFT).
Based at Brighton General Hospital, and reporting to the Energy and Carbon Manager, the successful candidate will play a key role in delivering Sussex Community NHS Trust's multi-award winning sustainability programme, Care Without Carbon (CWC). The post holder will work closely as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing integrated sustainability and energy management services to the Trust and other NHS organisations across London and the South and South East. This includes assisting with the path-finding work and projects that the team is leading on within the Sussex & East Surrey (SAES) Sustainability & Transformation Partnership (STP) as part of the SAES Sustainability Partnership.
This position sits within the energy management part of the team and would be ideal for a recent graduate within a relevant subject area, or someone with similar equivalent work experience.
Specifically, the post holder will be responsible for developing and implementing project work across a number of core areas of the CWC programme, including (but not limited to) the following.
- Work with the Energy and Carbon Manager to develop a programme of work to support the delivery of corporate carbon reduction targets at SCFT and other client NHS providers.
- Develop systems to manage compliance with energy related legislation and other relevant statutory requirements at SCFT and other client NHS providers.
- Develop and manage monitoring and targeting processes to identify poor performance of Trust buildings and to improve the control and usage of energy consumption/carbon emissions.
- Use remote and local metering facilities to develop and maintain an energy and water usage database to set achievable targets for reduction of energy usage over specific terms for individual buildings. Identifying variances from targets on a day to day basis identify solutions for remedial action.
- Maintain up to date bill loggers for utilities to support cost control and enable accurate and timely reporting. This includes the continued development of the Trust's energy management database system.
- Undertake physical checks of energy usage both within and out of office hours to identify energy usage and achievable savings. Assist with implementing energy savings identified.
- Monitor and manage the Trust's Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) system, identify issues and areas for improvement and liaise with the Estates team and external contractors to resolve issues.
- Develop and maintain carbon and energy data management systems to facilitate monthly/annual reporting. Undertake data analysis and producing management reports of energy/water use patterns.
- Undertake annual carbon footprint calculations and support annual third party carbon footprint assurance.
- Taking responsibility for key aspects of the team's internal and external reporting processes where these relate to utilities consumption.
Please see Personal Specification and Job Description attached to this advert for the full role requirements.