Claims Negotiator - MOJ
Hastings Direct - Claims Negotiator (MOJ)
We have a fantastic new opportunity within our Claims Department within the Personal Injury Ministry of Justice (MOJ) field. This role would suit an experienced Claims Handler with strong negotiation skills looking for a new challenge in a fast paced, dynamic business on the coast.
This department assesses Personal Injury Claims submitted by innocent third parties whom have been involved in an accident with our Insured Driver. The Claims Negotiator would be accountable for a portfolio of Personal Injury Claims presented via the MOJ Portal and ensure that realistic, timely settlements are achieved through strong negotiation. The successful candidate will always act in the best interests of our Customers and the Company.
Your remit will include the following;
- Negotiate with Third Party Solicitors for Bodily Injury on Claims where liability has been accepted under the value of £25k
- Communicating via inbound and outbound calls alongside written correspondence with the policy holder, keeping them updated of all developments
- Investigating liability where required via telephone enquiries, accident report forms, applying for police reports or any other necessary investigations
- To ensure each Claim is dealt with in line with company and departmental procedure within service level agreements
- Settle Claims in a timely manner, achieving appropriate economic settlements and avoiding financial leakage
- Ensure that you are meeting customers' fair and reasonable expectations, providing fair outcomes and placing Customers at the heart of the journey
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
- Experience in motor claims handling
- Experience within an insurance background highly advantageous
- Good IT skills (Microsoft package desirable)
- Telephony based work experience
- Transferrable claims handling background
- Great attention to detail
Benefits For You
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct:
- Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application -
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits (e.g. buy or sell additional holiday)
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.