*Paid breaks & Double Pay on Bank Holidays*
We are looking to recruit Support Workers to deliver excellent nursing care at Sussex Healthcare.
Benefits of the Support Workers
- Paid Breaks
- Double Pay on Bank Holidays for all Care and Support Staff
- Free Staff Transport
- Weekend Pay Enhancements
- Staff Accomodation
- Subsidised Meals
- Paid Annual Leave
- In-House Training Academy
- Pension Scheme
- Refer a Friend Incentives
- Employee Assistance Programme
Day to day tasks of the Support Worker:
- In line with our policies and procedures, to provide support to younger adults with complex learning and physical disabilites.
- To provide support with their Person Centred Plan
- To assist the coordination of the provision of group activities, in conjunction with the Activity Coordinator, nurse/care staff where appropriate.
- To help organise, run and record activity programme.
- To be a desinated Key worker
- To provide all aspects of person centred care.
- To learn different methods of communication to ensure the people we support are always heard and understood, while feeling empowered.
- To be flexible with the rota and be able to work occassional weekends, bank holidays.
- To attend staff meetings and information sessions as required.
- To seek advice from and liaise as needed with appropriate therapists as directed by the Activity Coordinator.
- To ensure all equipment is in good working order while doing regular checks.
- To prepare and administer medications (Once fully trained and assessed as competent)
- To assist in the determination of the needs of those we support individually, through the use of profiles, biography sheets, or care plans in order to ascertain personal preferences, abilities and potential for activities.
- To promote a positive image of the home and service by maintaining a professional approach at all times, in order to develop community awareness of the home and services.
- To be responsible, with the Activity Coordinator for the maintenance and safe storage of activity equipment and materials.
Requirements for the Support worker role:
- A warm and friendly disposition
- Good communication skills, able to put others at ease
- Reliable and punctual
Apply and join Sussex Healthcare!