RPA Delivery Manager
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
Global Servicing Network (GSN) at American Express has embarked on a transformational, multi-year journey to consolidate and upgrade AXP’s global customer service experience for card members, small businesses, merchants and corporate clients. This position will be part of the GSN Automation Capabilities team.
Our team is partnering with the Automation Center of Excellence to change the nature of work at American Express using a variety of process, intelligent and innovative automation tools, driving customer delight, colleague satisfaction and shareholder results.
This role has global scope, working across markets and business units to deliver on the long term business strategy for Automation using a variety disciplines including RPA, Optical Character Recognition, Natural language Processing, and Machine Learning. The incumbent will lead a team of automation developers in a Scrum format and would be actively engaged in creating an optimum long term solution design for our business partners. The manager will also be responsible for the alignment of their work with the principles of reusability and consolidation.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with significant experience in Digital/Automation Domain
- Experience in automation tools (E.g., Blue Prism, WorkFusion, UI Path, Automation Anywhere, IBM Watson)
- Understanding of BPM
- Preferred people leader experience
- Development background in VBA, .NET, JAVA, C++ or equivalent.
- Understanding of Agile delivery including documentation, testing and project management.
- Should have executed 3+ software development projects (E.g., automation projects preferred)
- Experience in a Scrum team delivery environment; previous role of Scrum Master or Product Owner preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple customers and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple high-priority projects and meet schedules.
- Comfort and experience in working with both business and technology groups
- Good communication skills to clarify expectations and drive alignment
- Experience with project lifecycle methodologies
- Proven ability to successfully drive results within a matrixed organization
- Ability to organize work with little day-to-day direction
- Sense of urgency, commitment to deadlines and deliverables
- Proven ability to independently overcome obstacles and resolve complex problems
- Experience in breaking down organizational barriers and to influence without direct authority
- Preferably a Scrum certified Product Owner/Scrum Master
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time