Internal Claims Auditor - Bexhill
Hastings Direct - Internal Claims Auditor
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Internal Claims Auditor to join our exciting Insurer Services department. You will have the ability to influence the future of the Claims process itself so this an excellent chance to join a dynamic, forward-thinking company based on the South Coast
Reporting into the Claims Audit Manager, the Internal Claims Auditor will have the ability to impact upon the bottom line in Claims and look to make savings and reduce leakage. With logical thinking and a balanced approach you will also consider and recommend changes/improvements for the business and therefore help develop new processes within the Claims unit.
Your remit will include the following;
- Carrying out robust, risk based claims audits across Hastings Direct , in order to provide assurance to our Insurer that:Regulatory and claims best practice procedures are delivered
- Leakage and other financial risk is effectively managed
- Customers' fair and reasonable expectations are met
- Planning and delivering balanced, accurate reports with evidenced feedback to our leadership team.
- Analyzing raw data, management information and identifying individual and systematic drivers of audit issues. Highlighting trends, areas for development, along with solutions for improvement.
- You will be expected to develop a complete understanding of our internal and supplier claims processes, new initiatives, best practice and the impact of inefficient processes on customer service, leakage and fraud.
- Audit each claim in detail checking indemnity, liability, reserves, handler and payment authority
- Compile reports and relay findings to senior stakeholders
- Looking and identifying potential quality and leakage issues and suggest improvements
- Reviewing the quality of the work undertaken by yourself and your colleagues to ensure audit objectives have been met and that the data provided is of high integrity
- Effectively identify, manage and report risk within your area of responsibility and enhance the risk management culture within your area.
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
- Claims experience and knowledge across a minimum of 4 of the following:
- Customer Journey and FNOL
- Own Damage
- Total Loss
- Third Party Liability (not in dispute or in dispute)
- Credit Hire
- Bodily Injury MOJ/Fastrack
- Bodily Injury Complex
- Experience within the insurance or audit industry
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify areas of risk and opportunity
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent IT Skills including Microsoft Office
- Experience in leadership, coaching and team development advantageous
- Conflict and change management experience desirable
- Preferably CERT CII qualified to working towards this
Benefits For You
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct:
- Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application -
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits (e.g. buy or sell additional holiday)
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.