Apprentice Luggage Porter - Gatwick Airport - £275.05 pw
An exciting opportunity to become an apprentice luggage porter.
The luggage porter will directly report to the Master Bell and will ensure the smooth and efficient operation for the guests belongings. Co-ordinate between the Concierge Department and Doorman, by providing a highly personalised service ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and adhering to the standard required by the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Outstanding customer care at all times
- Welcoming guests as they arrive at the hotel entrance
- Luggage handling from vehicle to hotel and vice versa
- Luggage handling from the hotel to Terminal 5 and vice versa
- Room escorting guests and room orientation, together with luggage handling from reception to the room
- Ensure all customer queries or requests are handled in a polite, efficient and courteous manner
- Maintaining all equipment and work areas, including key and cash security
- Maintain a high level of hotel and product knowledge at all times
- At certain times this role may involve being outside of the property in all weathers and conditions
Skills & Experience
- Previous high volume hotel experience is preferable
- Previous customer service experience is essential
- A capability and commitment to delivering high levels of customer care
- A smart and professional appearance
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Experience of working as part of a winning team
- Ability to remain calm whilst under pressure
- Physical fitness
- A willingness to work outdoors in all weathers
Free meal on duty, uniform provided.
Discounted parking, accommodation and food and beverages.
Training to be Provided:
Skills for Career Progression
Organisational Values & Workplace Behaviour
Previous experience would be helpful but not essential. Good with customers.
Polite, reliable, positive and a can do attitude.
Career development opportunities available within this hotel and the Arora group.
Other Important Information:
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered. The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour effective from 1st April 2018. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Accessible via car or public transport. Those using public transport can apply to the local train and bus provider for discounted travel.