Demi Chef de Partie Pastry, East Grinstead
DEMI CHEF DE PARTIE (Pastry)
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, part of Alexander Hotels a private group of quality hotels of distinction just outside London.
5 Star, Award winning Utopia Spa, 57 bedrooms including the new luxury Cedar Lodge development and a 2 bedroom self-contained Gatehouse are available for guests.
2 Award winning restaurants, Reflections Restaurant (2 Rosette x 60 covers), AG’s Restaurant (3 Rosette x 35covers) together with a range of conference and banqueting and private dining rooms catering for 8 to 95 guests.
Please see our website for a full list of facilities and also to see sample menus for our restaurants and lounge operations.
Join our team of 18 Chefs creating award winning dishes across a range of fresh menu choices. Our Kitchen Brigade creates dishes for our 3 Rosette Grillroom, 1 Rosette Reflections Restaurant as well as our Banqueting, Room Service and Lounge operations.
Reporting to the Chef de Partie Pastry you will be part of the pastry section with the support of a Commis Chef in this new 3 Rosette kitchen. The kitchen brigade is made up of 18 chefs and 5 kitchen porters so there is a great team to support you.
You will be responsible for;
- Ordering and stock control
- Designing with the Executive Chef menu items for afternoon tea, restaurant as well as banqueting menus
- Produce plated desserts for all menus to 3 Rosette standard
- Supervision of Commis Chef to achieve consistent standards
The business is varied offering catering for Spa Guests, Leisure clients, Local guests as well as corporate, conference and banqueting function guests. Alexander House is a popular wedding venue with weddings taking place in the Shelley Suite as well as in the private Wedding Garden.
The ideal candidate would be someone who has worked in a quality environment and is now seeking their first head pastry chef role with responsibility for the Pastry section.
- Demonstrate during a trial shift the practical ability to be able to produce plated desserts to 3 Rosette standard
- Demonstrate flair and creativity to build on the successful afternoon tea menu
- Hold the experience to manage the multi menu requirements and busy banqueting operation
- Flexible shifts covering breakfast, lunch, dinner service including weekend working (5 days per week)
- Quality experience in a fresh food environment
- The passion and drive to contribute to the future success of the kitchen brigade who continue to develop award winning dishes
- 4 weeks holiday
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
- Temporary assistance with relocation can sometimes be given
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday