Customer Accounts Advisor
As a Customer Accounts Advisor at Southern Housing Group you will be assisting customers to feel supported by assisting with money management, benefits and employment support. Making calls to our customers, you will be listening to each of their needs and be pro-actively providing information or signposting on a range of queries.
As a team we deliver high quality customer service to ensure that our customers’ queries are responded to in a timely manner while maintaining an excellent quality. You will be working in a friendly and fast-paced environment where you will be empowered to make decisions whilst working towards your individual and team’s KPIs.
We are always looking for opportunities to continually improve, so as well as an induction programme there are further training opportunities to allow us to provide the best possible service for our customers.
It really is an exciting time to join, so if you are:
• A confident communicator with an engaging personality
• Focussed and driven to achieve the best outcomes for our customers and the business
• Able to embrace a resilient and proactive approach to tasks
• Happy to act on your own initiative, make decisions and do the right thing.
• Capable of prioritising a varying workload, across different platforms
• Calm under pressure and able to deal with challenging situations
• Someone who wants to live and work to the Groups values;
We Work Together, We do the Right Thing and We get things Done
What we’ll offer you
• A salary starting at £23,000 per annum with the chance for skills based salary progression
• A comprehensive three week induction training course and ongoing development programme
• 23 days holidays plus public holidays. We also close between Christmas and New Year, so you get another 3 days bonus!
• A great pension scheme
• The ability to buy extra leave and discount cards
• Flexible working
• Employee referral scheme
• Cash claim-back on medical treatments
• Travel to work loan
• Discounted rates on a cycle scheme, personal medical plans, life assurance, give as you earn, critical illness and travel insurance
We operate a rotating shift pattern working a 35 hour week so shifts will vary between:
08:00am and 04.00pm 09:00am and 05:00pm 12:00pm and 08:00pm
This will also include 2 in 6 Saturdays working 08:45am until 13:00pm of which a lieu day will be given.
Southern Housing Group is one of the largest housing associations in southern England and has a well-established reputation as a successful business with social objectives. We provide housing of all different types of customers who live in our almost 30,000 properties. With more than 900 colleagues, we’re an organisation that’s going places.
Please be aware that due to the nature and sensitivities of some of our roles we are not always able to consider applications from Southern Housing Group residents.
For this role, successful candidates will be subject to a basic DBS check. This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please include a supporting statement explaining how your skills and experience meet the criteria of the job description and person specification.