Manager, EDA Operational Excellence - Enterprise Marketing Platforms & Solutions (EMPS)
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA) develops and scales across the enterprise high-impact, mobile-centric and personalized digital experiences, powered by data & analytics, across the customer lifecycle, whilst adapting to the evolving needs of our Card Members, merchants and partners.
EDA Operational Excellence will enable profitable business growth and exceptional customer experiences across American Express through driving excellence, speed and agility across EDA products, platforms, processes and capabilities.
Through the design and implementation of an effective framework, the EDA Ops Excellence Team will ensure the EDA organization is fulfilling on all our obligations to customers and has a robust control environment that ensures we are operating in compliance with changing global regulations.
The Manager, EDA Operational Excellence – Enterprise Marketing Platforms & Solutions (EMPS), will become part of a high performing team to deliver on the EDA Ops Excellence vision and objectives. Under the Director, EDA Operational Excellence EMPS, the team will be responsible for establishing and enhancing governance and robust process controls across marketing processes and platforms. Equally important will be the ongoing rationalization of current controls to ensure integrated testing into new products, solutions and processes.
The Manager, EDA Operational Excellence will be responsible for:
- Supporting in establishing and identifying opportunities to enhance governance and robust process controls across enterprise marketing platforms, processes and solutions.
- Managing partnerships to design preventative, predictive, and automated controls.
- Ensuring risks and issues are managed promptly and effectively, with appropriate escalation, root causes identified, and prevention plans to evidence ongoing risk mitigation and reduction.
- Enabling change, with appropriate engagement of relevant stakeholders, leveraging appropriate KRIs and KPIs for risk intelligent discussions.
- Managing the integration of effective controls, rigorous testing & ongoing monitoring into new capabilities, processes, partnerships and third party arrangements, to assure delivery against expectations and compliance with relevant policies and regulations.
- Ensuring risks related to Third Parties, Partners & Legal Entities are managed in line with regulatory & AXP expectations.
- Operating as a trusted partner to Business and Support groups across the American Express enterprise, supporting them in meeting their expectations and in doing so maintaining strong business focus and presence.
This position will report to the Director, EDA - EMPS.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills including collaborating and influencing abilities with proven ability to operate successfully across the matrix, and at all band levels.
- Proven program management skills and strong change management experience. Demonstrated ability to drive and manage complex/large scale change initiatives sensitively, with experience in delivering across multiple markets/regions highly desirable.
- Risk management mindset, with the ability to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to learn quickly, “connect the dots” with a strong track record of developing idea from concept to deployment and delivering win-win solutions for the business.
- Demonstrates creative and highly collaborative approach to solving business problems.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, alongside excellent analytical skills.
- Technical understanding of marketing platforms and processes would be advantageous. This includes platforms that may be global, US, International, Card Marketing, Merchant and/or content & channel driven.
- University degree or equivalent experience.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time